• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you have that sinking feeling?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have that sinking feeling?

There may just be a reason for it.

https://www.gov.uk/government/collec...uthority-areas

The one for Neath Port Talbot has far more holes in the ground than I'd ever imagined.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...rt-talbot-area

I've just looked at Pembrokeshire

Mind you have a look at North Lanarkshire

That's why people thinks the Scots are drunk all the time, it's the ground that's constantly moving underneath their feet.

Comment

According to that I'm sat within 200 ft of two high risk areas. As they are the mine entrance and air shaft for the former mine I really don't think anyone is going to build on either point.

The latter does contain a few wheelie bins at the moment though
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I used to work for The Coal Authority, my last permie role before I went contracting.

They have a rather nifty Interactive Map you can use to see whats underneath you.

Interactive Map Viewer | Coal Authority
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          I used to work for The Coal Authority, my last permie role before I went contracting.

They have a rather nifty Interactive Map you can use to see whats underneath you.

Interactive Map Viewer | Coal Authority
          Is it true the Coal Seam in South Wales runs all the way through England and into the continent?

Comment

Working...
          X