• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Referrals

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Referrals

Referrals: 1

I'm assuming referrals are when someone signs up and, in order to convince admin/mods that they're legit, says 'I know mudskipper'

Given that I've never suggested anyone joins CUK - indeed, if asked, I would advise them to stay well away - I would like to know who it is who claims I referred them. My money's on one of suity's sockies.

(I've no idea when this solitary digit appeared - I'm pretty sure it used to say 'Referrals: 0', so thinking it's the last few months)

Should be a piece of cake for admin to get that info, I reckon.

(Last heard, even Suity can write SQL. )

Comment

I always took forum referrals to be the other way round - it's a plus for you saying you're directing traffic/users to the site, rather than anything to do with whoever signs up.

Indeed, there's no checks or referral link - the forum makes it dead easy:

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
        I always took forum referrals to be the other way round - it's a plus for you saying you're directing traffic/users to the site, rather than anything to do with whoever signs up.

Indeed, there's no checks or referral link - the forum makes it dead easy:

Agree - IPSE give us a tenner for referrals! But AFAIK, I haven't referred anyone to CUK - just would be interesting to know which sockie says I have. (Cue when I find it's one of mine...!)

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Referrals: 1

I'm assuming referrals are when someone signs up and, in order to convince admin/mods that they're legit, says 'I know mudskipper'

Given that I've never suggested anyone joins CUK - indeed, if asked, I would advise them to stay well away - I would like to know who it is who claims I referred them. My money's on one of suity's sockies.

(I've no idea when this solitary digit appeared - I'm pretty sure it used to say 'Referrals: 0', so thinking it's the last few months)
          Ahem. I have no sockies.
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Referrals? Never noticed there was such a thing.

While looking I did notice I only have 1 "friend", your good self, 'cos I donated to the k2p2 thing.

Great idea for real life! I could boost my zero friend total by giving them some dosh! Ta MS.

PS On the other hand, being able to have my funeral in the local telephone box will save a lot of money for the Battersea Slug's Home to which I have left all my dosh.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

While looking I did notice I only have 1 "friend", your good self, 'cos I donated to the k2p2 thing.

Comment

Bah reposted same thing. (With added vodka reference)

I blame CUK for not detecting it.
                Last edited by xoggoth; 23 February 2015, 19:56.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Xoggoth bot needs rebooting.

HTH
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I know plenty of people I hate enough to refer them to CUK.

And for each referral I get 10% off my monthly fees.

Comment

Working...
                    X