• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Computer Futures Job Ad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Computer Futures Job Ad

Hi all,

I've been following .NET contracts in the Cardiff and Bristol area for a while.

I can't help think this advert is not genuine. I have read some negative posts about the agency in question.

This is the latest example. I have seen many equally bad ones recently, all of them from this same agency.

Job: ASP.NET Developer (MVC) upto £400pd - Technojobs

I'm considering relocating and this stuff is really making me angry.

The advert is a total copy and paste job. It's a mess location wise with Cardiff and Bristol mentioned. A mix of rates are also mentioned.
    Last edited by LivingUpNorth; 6 March 2015, 18:04.

Originally posted by LivingUpNorth View Post
    Hi all,

I've been following .NET contracts in the Cardiff and Bristol area for a while.

I can't help but think the advert is not genuine. I have read many negative posts about the agency in question.

This is the latest example. I have seen many equally bad ones recently, all of them from this same agency.

Job: ASP.NET Developer (MVC) upto £400pd - Technojobs

I'm considering relocating from Scotland and this stuff is really making angry.

The advert is a total copy and past job. It's a mess location wise with Cardiff and Bristol mentioned. A mix of rates are also mentioned.
    Where you planning relocating on the basis of one ad placed by a dodgy pimp?

Comment

Oddly, we just had a very similar conversation:

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...-postings.html

Gotta say, despite being impressed at the response in the other thread I've found Computer Futures to be absolute time wasters.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
        Where you planning relocating on the basis of one ad placed by a dodgy pimp?
        Of course not but I'm trying to assess the market over a period of months. This stuff gives me a false impression.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
          Oddly, we just had a very similar conversation:

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...-postings.html

Gotta say, despite being impressed at the response in the other thread I've found Computer Futures to be absolute time wasters.
          Cheers for the reply. Interesting that you got a reply from one of them.
          Last edited by LivingUpNorth; 6 March 2015, 15:21.

Comment

This one is even worse:

Job: C++ SQL Developer - 6 Month Contract - Technojobs

Advertised headline is C++/SQL in Newport, 300-400 a day.

First line of the description states C# £280-£380. Further down it states £350 maximum.

What a mess.

Comment

I saw another recently, can't find it now.

It appeared to be the same job advert advertised over multiple locations on the M4 corridor. Bath was one of them.

Comment

Happy to confirm that these are both real jobs, real clients, real line managers and real CV's submitted to those real locations. Our consultants generally work quite tight technical patches so it is not unusual to have similar technology jobs in different locations

LivingUpNorth, if you are considering relocating to the South West and need a contract I will put you in touch with our Bristol manager. Send me a PM if you need this.
                https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
                  Happy to confirm that these are both real jobs, real clients, real line managers and real CV's submitted to those real locations. Our consultants generally work quite tight technical patches so it is not unusual to have similar technology jobs in different locations

LivingUpNorth, if you are considering relocating to the South West and need a contract I will put you in touch with our Bristol manager. Send me a PM if you need this.
                  Andy, the point was that the content of the ad is confusing which means it looks fake

Header: upto £400 a day Location Cardiff

Content: Rate £400 - 500 Location Bristol

It looks like zero effort has gone in to it therefore it smells like agency BS.

Comment

Strangely I spoke to the pimp advertising those roles and after accepting my application let slip that the roles were never with computer futures and were with another agency but he was 'gathering cv's' for when the client dropped the other agency and decided to come to him.

Comment

Working...
                    X