• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency stipulating sole director ownership ltd

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agency stipulating sole director ownership ltd

Right, Im back in the saddle again, after a brief telephone interview with repeat previous client, they want me back and have made an acceptable offer.

Been completing the onerous agency paperwork and sent back promptly. Today got asked for company details and the agent has said if working via limited, you must be sole director and all shares in this director's name.

My ltd's are always set up with 2 directors with 50 / 50 split and Im not changing the set up for anyone.

Anyone else come across this? I've never had an agency demand sole directorship for an ltd before.
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    Right, Im back in the saddle again, after a brief telephone interview with repeat previous client, they want me back and have made an acceptable offer.

Been completing the onerous agency paperwork and sent back promptly. Today got asked for company details and the agent has said if working via limited, you must be sole director and all shares in this director's name.

My ltd's are always set up with 2 directors with 50 / 50 split and Im not changing the set up for anyone.

Anyone else come across this? I've never had an agency demand sole directorship for an ltd before.
    Weird. Never seen that. Why does it mater to agency I wonder?
    None of their business IMHO. Im same as you and if I had to change it would cost me so no way.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Sole directorship I could just about understand. Shareholders well you can just f*** off...
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

This wouldn't be a public sector contract and they are worried about all the current goings on. Knee jerk reaction?

The only other thing I can think of is they are worried about being exposed for your tax or something and this is again a knee jerk reaction? Both cases is down to not understanding the situation so doing the wrong thing by stipulating this?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Bit like clients having 50 week or 20 month rules to avoid contractors claiming employment rights.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Nah, its banking not public sector.

Anyway, I told them there are 2 directors in the company and this wouldnt be changed under any circumstances. They've not kicked back and have said they are raising the contract so, so far so good.

Only pain now is different parts in the chain are asking for the same things ie passport, proof of address.

Comment

Currently going through the same thing as OP, agency is claiming it is a compliance requirement of theirs but can't given any more information than that.

Comment

Originally posted by SRR View Post
                Currently going through the same thing as OP, agency is claiming it is a compliance requirement of theirs but can't given any more information than that.
                I just told them there's 2 directors in the limited Im using and it would not be changed. They havent come back on this and have issued a contract which is being reviewed by B&C.

Comment

I just told them there's 2 directors in the limited Im using and it would not be changed. They havent come back on this and have issued a contract which is being reviewed by B&C.
                  My agency are refusing to work with me unless I change my business to a sole director/shareholder, can't give me a valid reason other than quoting IR35 and MSC compliance. Been quite clear that I'm not changing this for them they even had the cheek to offer me a £5 a day rate increase to compensate me

Comment

Originally posted by SRR View Post
                    My agency are refusing to work with me unless I change my business to a sole director/shareholder, can't give me a valid reason other than quoting IR35 and MSC compliance. Been quite clear that I'm not changing this for them they even had the cheek to offer me a £5 a day rate increase to compensate me
                    Don't worry I'm happy to explain to the end client why your awkwardness means I am unable to work with them .

5 minutes later - I believe they lawyers are investigating whether your failure to provide the promised resource is significant enough to warrant a breach in contract which will allow them to find another agency through which I can work...
                    Last edited by eek; 12 March 2015, 17:25.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X