• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Flouncing? Unprofessional or sometimes essential?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flouncing? Unprofessional or sometimes essential?

So I'm approaching that "third year itch". My role is safe but tediously dull in a quite insane (IB) environment.

I'm not learning anything and the work feels pointless like digging holes and filling them again but raking in a reasonable rate (my best).

I guess its the middle life contractor crisis but I've the urge to act like the clerk in Quadrophenia (1979)

"Yeah I'll tell you what you can do with your eye-teeth and your job, you can take the e-mail and the change control and all that other rubbish I have to go about with and you can stuff them right up your arse!"

So my Contractor safe half is saying "just WFH and bill bill bill" but the Contractor Devil on my shoulder is saying "you are a contractor, not a number,a freeman! screw them"!

Has anyone been in a similar situation and what did you do?

Originally posted by gruntling View Post
    So I'm approaching that "third year itch". My role is safe but tediously dull in a quite insane (IB) environment.

I'm not learning anything and the work feels pointless like digging holes and filling them again but raking in a reasonable rate (my best).

I guess its the middle life contractor crisis but I've the urge to act like the clerk in Quadrophenia (1979)

"Yeah I'll tell you what you can do with your eye-teeth and your job, you can take the e-mail and the change control and all that other rubbish I have to go about with and you can stuff them right up your arse!"

So my Contractor safe half is saying "just WFH and bill bill bill" but the Contractor Devil on my shoulder is saying "you are a contractor, not a number,a freeman! screw them"!

Found a new contract.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Wrong assumption.

You go permie to learn something.

I don't understand the "flouncing" bit here.

Comment

Left contracting and started my own company.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
          You go permie to learn something.
          Jeez, no wonder so many contractors suck if this is the attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
            Yeah you only go permie if you think you feel a long term illness coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
              Yeah you only go permie if you think you feel a long term illness coming.
              Or if you want to have a baby!

Comment

What does your agent say?
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  What does your agent say?
                  Lol go somewhere else where I can pimp you out for more I imagine...

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                    Ok, or get trained at your company's expense. FFS Pedants

Comment

Working...
                    X