• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jaguar Land Rover

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jaguar Land Rover

Anyone contracted in IT at Jaguar Land Rover since Tata took over? Just been involved on the periphery. Seems to be a lot of senior management BS merchants that think replacing everything with SAP is the answer to all known problems, and lots of Indian nationals seemingly here on one visa wheeze or another completely out of their depth and self-perpetuating but arrogant and seemingly in quite senior positions? How does it really work there, or is it best avoided?
    Cheers

My experience of "nearly" being there twice has not been good, to the point of thinking twice before being put forward again, and that's despite them being in my commutable geography.

Comment

Originally posted by Pherlopolus View Post
      My experience of "nearly" being there twice has not been good, to the point of thinking twice before being put forward again, and that's despite them being in my commutable geography.
      any hints on what was not good?

cheers

Comment

Just my Spidey sense tingling, and generally being mucked about. I think it would depend which sites and projects you were on, and who the hiring manager is. I know someone who was fairly happy there too though so YMMV.

Comment

I have experience if you want to talk. It will depend on what, where and who the contract is with.

Send me a pm if you want a chat.

Comment

Interesting thread, well timed....

I had a call from a pimp on Saturday (yes, Saturday) regarding some contract work at JLR. The role sounded right up my street, but the rate didn't quite match; it's still buggin me now, it sounds like interesting work with some upskill opportunities, but 12 month contract around 15% lower than I would usually charge?

Worth the hassle, or give it the flick?

Comment

Originally posted by Ramrod View Post
              Interesting thread, well timed....

I had a call from a pimp on Saturday (yes, Saturday) regarding some contract work at JLR. The role sounded right up my street, but the rate didn't quite match; it's still buggin me now, it sounds like interesting work with some upskill opportunities, but 12 month contract around 15% lower than I would usually charge?

Worth the hassle, or give it the flick?
              Only you can probably answer that question, I reckon.

How good is your warchest? How desp are you for money? etc ....

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
                Anyone contracted in IT at Jaguar Land Rover since Tata took over? Just been involved on the periphery. Seems to be a lot of senior management BS merchants that think replacing everything with SAP is the answer to all known problems, and lots of Indian nationals seemingly here on one visa wheeze or another completely out of their depth and self-perpetuating but arrogant and seemingly in quite senior positions? How does it really work there, or is it best avoided?
                Cheers
                the outsourcing of the "doers" to TCS model certainly has it's issues

but it's an interesting environment at the minute with tonnes of stuff going on, rates aren't the best but slightly compensated by the relatively longer contract terms

Midlands IT seems to be picking up generally not a bad region to be in at present i don't think

Comment

Working...
                X