• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Google

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google

Results 1 - 5 of about 50

How come Google says there are 50 matches but only shows 5. Where are the other 45? Or is it a teaser to let me know that the government wont show them!!!!!!??????!!!!!
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

By default they would apply filter that would exclude pages that are similar to each other (exact or close checksums). There should be a link on the last page (first in this case) that allows to see all matches.

And btw: won't

hth

Comment

aTW. WRONG!

I originaly got 2/50, then clikked the dupe buton and got 5/50. Were are the over 45?

Comment

Depends. I just did a search on an old band called The The and got 11.4 billion results.

That's about a hundred times the Beatles, Elvis Presley, Spice Girls, Cliff Richard and Robbie Williams combined.

They must have been fucking great in their day.

Comment

what's a close checksum?

The number of available checksums is finite.

two completly different sets of text could checksum to the same value

two sets of almost the same text could checksum to completely different values.

tim

Comment

MF - match numbers in Google and other search engines are estimates, these are wrong for small numbers and normally they correct them when exact count is done, but in some cases not: it is not very precise.

tim123: there are algorithms for similiarity scores that is ultimately based on checksums but not the way people normally expect them, a long topic to cover here.

Comment

thanks gimp.

Comment

Originally posted by stackpole
                Depends. I just did a search on an old band called The The and got 11.4 billion results.

That's about a hundred times the Beatles, Elvis Presley, Spice Girls, Cliff Richard and Robbie Williams combined.

They must have been fucking great in their day.
                I've got some of there CDs in doors, they were great!
                SA says;
                Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                (whatever these are)

Comment

Working...
                X