• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business mobile phone advice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Business mobile phone advice

Hi All

I have recently started trading and was seeking some advice on business mobile phone contracts.

all the contract plans come up with VAT at the end, EE network have told me that business' do not need to pay this VAT? I am on the flat rate VAT scheme.

anyone know of any good business deals for the Iphone6?

would appreciate and guidance

AD

EE do a good VAT free deal for business I here - go for that one

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
      EE do a good VAT free deal for business I hear - go for that one

Comment

Not sure if there are any iPhone deals on three but I'm on a SIM only monthly deal from them which includes their Feel at Home package which makes frequent travel to Europe and the US a breeze with just one mobile phone number (plus a Skype virtual number) to worry about. The cheapest deal is about £13 PCM inc. VAT.

You can buy the handset outright as an expense on your business BTW which has been covered on this forum before several times.

Comment

Buy the phone as an asset, then get a sim only deal, Three seem to be the best value but can be funny with an account fully in the company name. I am with O2 who have a dedicated business channel for invoices etc. which is good for the books, but means you can't just walk into an O2 shop without them looking confused
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I'm sim only on Vodafone Business. I recently renewed - Vodafone appeared to be pretty good, if not best on pricing out of "the big 3" for the package I wanted, it gets me 12 months of Spotify Premium, and, due to where I live being full of NIMBYs who refuse a mast in the area, I need to use their "use your internet to carry our service" Sure Signal thing to ensure I can stay in contact when I work from home.

Vodafone stores have a business advisor in their stores, so I can walk in and get help.

Comment

As above, this has been discussed on here numerous times and unless you're a heavy user, its almost always more cost effective to buy the phone outright as a company asset (100% deductible under AIA) and put a personal SIM in it which you pay for out of your own pocket (you can still expense individual business calls) - mainly because business tariffs are generally more expensive even after allowing for the corporation tax saving on putting the contract in the business name (VAT savings *might* make a business contract a viable proposition but only if you're on the normal VAT scheme, not the FRS).

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
                As above, this has been discussed on here numerous times and unless you're a heavy user, its almost always more cost effective to buy the phone outright as a company asset (100% deductible under AIA) and put a personal SIM in it which you pay for out of your own pocket (you can still expense individual business calls) - mainly because business tariffs are generally more expensive even after allowing for the corporation tax saving on putting the contract in the business name (VAT savings *might* make a business contract a viable proposition but only if you're on the normal VAT scheme, not the FRS).
                And as discussed last time, business tariffs are not more expensive than personal. So get a sim on a business plan, paid for by the business.

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
                  And as discussed last time, business tariffs are not more expensive than personal. So get a sim on a business plan, paid for by the business.
                  WHS

You need to go online or phone them up to get a decent tariff as while some staff in shops are helpful most don't have a clue.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I'm SIM only on EE - VAT is added (and even with VAT is < £10 a month). I suspect the assertion that you don't pay VAT is based on the assumption that you can reclaim it, which doesn't apply on the FRS.

Comment

Working...
                    X