• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

Getting a bit bored with the daily grind - up early, kids to school, work, more work, put the kids to bed (if I'm quick/lucky with the commute) and of course the weekend with kids as I'm not spending any during the week.

Any clever ideas for a one off thing that could break the routine a bit? I have 4 days coming up...
    I'd be most definitely going on my own or with my mates. Some ideas of my own include visit to Iceland (the country not the shop), or some snorkelling/diving somewhere in the Me. I've also considered hiking or climbing somewhere, maybe renting a nice car and cruising aimlessly.
    I might also go to the local watering hole and down some beers, but that's not too high on my list at the moment.

Fight with an Indonesian lady boy drug dealing kickboxer?

MF

Comment

Gravestone rubbing.

Comment

Originally posted by yasockie View Post
        Getting a bit bored with the daily grind - up early, kids to school, work, more work, put the kids to bed (if I'm quick/lucky with the commute) and of course the weekend with kids as I'm not spending any during the week.
        Bit of a theme to your moan - lose the kids

HTH

In all seriousness, don't know how old your brood is, but I would recommend getting a small boat, then you can do something that they enjoy but gives you "man time" at the same time (fixing engines usually) whislt Mrs Yasockie cleans and prepares food*

Try it on you long weekend by chartering a boat on the Thames or your nearest canal

[Bacchus in Popeye mode]

*in the interest of equality, these roles can be reversed

Comment

BTCC at Oulton Park 6th & 7th June if you live near enough to the circuit. Brilliant racing in all classes except Clios and great access to the cars and drivers. My boys, 12 & 13, love it.
          I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Planning and executing a flawless jewellery heist.

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
              Planning and executing a flawless jewellery heist.
              Is that for flawless jewels or the heist needs to be flawless?
              I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
                Either. You're just going to turn in your accomplices for the reward money anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
                  If the jewels are flawed and the heist is flawless, it was profitable, just not as profitable as it could have been.

If the jewels are flawless but the heist is flawed, you get to live for some years rent free as a guest of Her Majesty.

HTH answer your question.

Comment

Amsterdam, see sights, get stoned, pay for hookers see some more sight and come back home. 4 days away from reality will do the trick.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X