• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best way to calculate the alleged Tax owed to HMRC from Loans

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to calculate the alleged Tax owed to HMRC from Loans

For example tax year 2011-12
    Lets say you took a 10k PAYE and the rest as loans, how would you calculate your potential liability? can you just use a PAYE calculator of which plenty are on the net?

Would this give you an accurate figure or will HMRC 'tax' these loans differently?

regards

Originally posted by MercladUK View Post
    For example tax year 2011-12
    Lets say you took a 10k PAYE and the rest as loans, how would you calculate your potential liability? can you just use a PAYE calculator of which plenty are on the net?

Would this give you an accurate figure or will HMRC 'tax' these loans differently?

regards
    Reckon that's how I'm going to do it too although I'll be making an adjustment for tax already paid on the benefit in kind too.

Comment

That's the way Hector did my settlement calculation - put the lump sum of loans for that year into the top rate (for me) tax bracket, worked out the revised tax 'owed' and subtracted what I'd already paid on my original return.

Comment

Only sensible way to do it really.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsB1974 View Post
          That's the way Hector did my settlement calculation - put the lump sum of loans for that year into the top rate (for me) tax bracket, worked out the revised tax 'owed' and subtracted what I'd already paid on my original return.
          Your lucky for some reason I get Benefit-In-Kind amount added to salary and half the personal allowance for 2010-11. It's plain wrong to do that but it's been done and I need to resolve this.
          http://www.dotas-scandal.org LCAG Join Us

Comment

Working...
          X