• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

First Day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Day

Hi Guys,

It is my first day tomorrow at my contract never been contracting before, any tips before my first day ?

Originally posted by eddie1507 View Post
    Hi Guys,

It is my first day tomorrow at my contract never been contracting before, any tips before my first day ?
    Pro tip: Learn all you need to know at least 6 months before your first day. Sorry, you missed the boat.

Seriously, there are so many tips, you need to start at the links on the right and work your way through the whole lot

And good luck.

Comment

Hi Guys,

Befriend the receptionist and IT support, and you won't go far wrong.

Comment

Hi Guys,

If you're in London, and were planning to get the tube to work, make sure you have a plan B....

Comment

Summer Budget 2015 denounced as 'bad' for contractors :: Contractor UK

Enjoy.

Comment

don't take a single day off, and then take every penny yourCo has out on 5th April next year.

Comment

WOW that's not good 7.5 % extra tax on dividends :@

Comment

Hi Guys,

Open up Terminal, connect to a server, type 'tail -f /var/adm/messages' and stare at it nodding disapprovingly/approvingly at it every so often, install 'poo-timer', check out the totty, determine which trap in the bogs has the best wifi/3g connectivity, check if the toilet seat/bowl shape is suitable for wanking whilst sitting, check said bogs for 'Bob bogies' on the walls and footmarks combined with tulipt-stains on the seats.

Scope the newest boozer/Greggs/Subway/BrewDog, seek out a kindred spirit in the office and main with him/her/it, and that's it!

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                  Open up Terminal, connect to a server, type 'tail -f /var/adm/messages' and stare at it nodding disapprovingly/approvingly at it every so often, install 'poo-timer', check out the totty, determine which trap in the bogs has the best wifi/3g connectivity, check if the toilet seat/bowl shape is suitable for wanking whilst sitting, check said bogs for 'Bob bogies' on the walls and footmarks combined with tulipt-stains on the seats.

Scope the newest boozer/Greggs/Subway/BrewDog, seek out a kindred spirit in the office and main with him/her/it, and that's it!

LOL !!

I have already found the nearest subway :P can't be going in on the first day without a full tummy

Comment

LOL !!

I have already found the nearest subway :P can't be going in on the first day without a full tummy
                    The Greggs £2 bacon roll (barm) and a coffee deal is hard to beat.

Comment

Working...
                    X