• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ZX Spectrum RE-Launched

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZX Spectrum RE-Launched

After the recent launch of the Micro Beeb,

BBC Radio 4 - Today, 17/07/2015, ZX Spectrum relaunch 'aimed at mass market'

With rubber keys.

The Pi never cut it for me as a teaching tool. The spectrum had an inate "limitedness"'which made it successful.

I wonder if they will re-release Input magazine.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

KUATB

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      As always, the Internet Archive is your friend: Input Magazine

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        After the recent launch of the Micro Beeb,

BBC Radio 4 - Today, 17/07/2015, ZX Spectrum relaunch 'aimed at mass market'

With rubber keys.

The Pi never cut it for me as a teaching tool. The spectrum had an inate "limitedness"'which made it successful.

I agree about the Pi. It is a great idea and wonderful product, but its biggest fans are all middle aged unix guys like me. 80's home computers were perfect learning machines because they booted straight into a programming shell. Switch on and be into your second line of program within 5 seconds. The Pi is capable of too many distracting things, and to program it requires an existing level of system knowledge which 12 year olds generally don't have, and which is quite boring next the the exciting programming stuff.

Comment

Isn't this "Spectrum" nothing of the kind, and just a games console to play spectrum games ?

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
            Isn't this "Spectrum" nothing of the kind, and just a games console to play spectrum games ?
            I've seen that one, that looks like the original one but with a fraction of the keys.

I hope I've not got my hopes up about the same thing.

Edit : yep same one sadly. Just a games console with none of the programming. For that reason, I'm out.
            Last edited by suityou01; 18 July 2015, 18:39.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Sorry.

Comment

You can buy a real ZX spectrum on ebay for 30 quid, there is no mass market for the thing.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  You can buy a real ZX spectrum on ebay for 30 quid, there is no mass market for the thing.
                  I'll take a look. Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                  X