• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Turned down by Cater Allen

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turned down by Cater Allen

Just set up limited company through SJD. Applied for C.A. account about two weeks ago. Just today found that they have decided I don't meet their criteria. Nothing more specific. I did have them ask me to expand on what my business would be doing,which I did. My credit score is very good, got a mortgage 8 weeks ago. Hope I don't get knocked back by the next one I try, I could do with getting paid.

If you speak to SJD, they will be able to contact Cater Allen for further details on why your application was rejected.

Usually, they do write directly to applicants with more details so if you haven't had this letter yet, it will be on the way to you.

At least then it might give you some further information for when you try again with another provider

Comment

I had my wife read me the letter over the phone today (I'm away contracting) all they said was that I didn't meet their criteria. I have asked SJD to see what they can find out. Thanks for the suggestion.
      From what I am reading about C.A. I might be better of with a different bank anyway
      Last edited by krugman; 9 September 2015, 19:33.

Comment

Originally posted by krugman View Post
        Just set up limited company through SJD. Applied for C.A. account about two weeks ago. Just today found that they have decided I don't meet their criteria. Nothing more specific. I did have them ask me to expand on what my business would be doing,which I did. My credit score is very good, got a mortgage 8 weeks ago. Hope I don't get knocked back by the next one I try, I could do with getting paid.
        I wonder if there's an overseas angle to this, i.e. you were born overseas, or you're a US citizen or liable to US taxes, for example. Having clients overseas doesn't seem to be a problem, but they do seem to have a problem with directors that don't fit into a perceived low-risk category, particular w/r to overseas connections, from what I've gathered, but possibly with industry category too.

Comment

I am British and working in Britain. I did wonder about the type of industry, I am working for a weapons manufacturer.

Comment

Being turned down by Cater Allen must be like being turned down by Mavis Riley....

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
              Being turned down by Cater Allen must be like being turned down by Mavis Riley....
              Or NLadyUK saying no thanks when you've got the money in your hand!!!
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by krugman View Post
                I am British and working in Britain. I did wonder about the type of industry, I am working for a weapons manufacturer.
                If I were to hazard a guess, that would be it, but who knows; certainly worth asking SJD to seek clarification. I've been asked for similar clarification on several occasions, as I also work in a rather narrow/unusual industry category, but I haven't had any problems to date.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                  If I were to hazard a guess, that would be it, but who knows; certainly worth asking SJD to seek clarification. I've been asked for similar clarification on several occasions, as I also work in a rather narrow/unusual industry category, but I haven't had any problems to date.
                  Whats it go to do with the bank though what industry sector you work in?
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

More fool them for not taking your business.

Just go elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                    X