• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working In Thailand

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working In Thailand

Hi Guys,

After some advice please. I'm on the verge of securing an 18 month contract in Bangkok. Has anybody any experience of working as a contractor in Bangkok? It looks as if I'm going to be invoicing the company in euros but not really sure on the tax implications as I've only just started looking into this. I'm still waiting for the contract to come through. Clientco is also going to sort out my work permit so not sure if I'm going to be hit with double whammy taxation if invoicing in euros and Thailand taxing me as well. Any help appreciated, and yes I know about Nana Plaza so no stupid Lady Boy jokes here ok.

Thanks...

Originally posted by virtualm View Post
    Hi Guys,

After some advice please. I'm on the verge of securing an 18 month contract in Bangkok. Has anybody any experience of working as a contractor in Bangkok? It looks as if I'm going to be invoicing the company in euros but not really sure on the tax implications as I've only just started looking into this. I'm still waiting for the contract to come through. Clientco is also going to sort out my work permit so not sure if I'm going to be hit with double whammy taxation if invoicing in euros and Thailand taxing me as well. Any help appreciated, and yes I know about Nana Plaza so no stupid Lady Boy jokes here ok.
    Me thinks he protesteth too much
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Who cares about Lady Boys? It's the Bar Girls who will be giving you grief (and other things).
      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Didn't Gary Glitter work there for a while?
        I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Working...
        X