• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ACAS aren't as good as they seem.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ACAS aren't as good as they seem.

Afternoon all. ACAS were as much use as a chocolate fireguard so here I am again lol, it would seem.

Erm, to cut a long story short...lots of people from my last but one job have all told me different things. When one needs a reference and they were temping, is it as a general rule via agency or employer? My status was surely as a temp so I will go with that, but beyond that...my situation, my status certainly isn't too clear for myself currently.

Originally posted by Would rather not be named View Post
    Afternoon all. ACAS were as much use as a chocolate fireguard so here I am again lol, it would seem.

Erm, to cut a long story short...lots of people from my last but one job have all told me different things. When one needs a reference and they were temping, is it as a general rule via agency or employer? My status was surely as a temp so I will go with that, but beyond that...my situation, my status certainly isn't too clear for myself currently.
    Erm, can you make the story a little longer or use different words?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

In the quiet words of the Virgin Mary, come again?

Comment

The reference comes from the agency.

All the agency will do is confirm your employment dates and who the client was.

Even some HR will only do that regardless of what forms they are sent to complete.

Companies have been sued in different courts for giving an in depth negative reference.

That's why my referees are people I know who can give me a better reference.

You know rather than writing cryptic posts about your temping job you should find another forum.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Thank you, that's useful to know. I can't say as much as I would like currently for reasons I cannot go into...I signed an NDA for a start and there's one or two other things, so basically dates and clients. Thankis that is helpful...more so than ACAS anyway.

Comment

Thank you, that's useful to know. I can't say as much as I would like currently for reasons I cannot go into...I signed an NDA for a start and there's one or two other things, so basically dates and clients. Thankis that is helpful...more so than ACAS anyway.
            ACAS are for employment disputes as you don't have one the organisation to contact is Citizen's Advice.

Failing that there are other forums such as moneysavingexpert where there are people who can help you as they come from all walks of life.

This forum is for contractors and so while we can give you the knowledge we have got from friends', family etc you are better of getting it first hand.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
            X