• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Racism or simple supply and demand?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Racism or simple supply and demand?

Toys R Us faces race row after selling white doll family for more than 'ethnic' alternative | Daily Mail Online

.... or really just a keying error..

Any thoughts?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Ridiculous. They're hardly going to be using vindictive pricing. It's only racist if they wield the price as a weapon, for example charging 50 times the price to make a statement.

Plus their pricing probably works on units sold, so if more people buy white the mighty computer might go bink and lower the price of alternatives to shift stock.

People get offended these days because they think they should, even though they don't understand why. I bet those people couldn't even articulate why it was offensive. They should be called out as idiots.
    Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Currently 10+ contracts available in your area

Comment

CUK is obviously racist because it has a white background, I demand a background that celebrates people of colour! I also intend to sue as I feel offended by this heinous slur on our ethnic diversity £3m should do it!

Ditto for Milk & Snow.

Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Any thoughts?
        Why are you reading the daily fail?

Comment

Shops always manipulate the price of any goods so they can claim that they have reduced the price later on.

In this example they could have upped the price of the "White" dolls temporarily simply so that they could later drop the prices back to £6.99 enabling them to claim "50% off".

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Why are you reading the daily fail?
            I blame the link cloud. Wondered why it was second biggest next Monday links and ended up on their site Sorry.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              It is simple economics.

Cost of L'Oreal blonde hair colour is approximately £2.50.
              Labour charges for dyeing the black dolls = £0.50. (Done by cheap immigrant labour)

Comment

CUK is obviously racist because it has a white background
                Absolutely! It should be orange and purple!
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                X