PDA

View Full Version : Weekend thread

BrilloPad
23rd October 2015, 07:32
This weekend I will mostly be searching for eek so he can start the weekend threads. And I miss him too.

And flying to Dubai for a week holiday!

MarillionFan
23rd October 2015, 07:47
This weekend I will mostly be searching for eek so he can start the weekend threads. And I miss him too.

And flying to Dubai for a week holiday!

Oh I didn't realise that lickspittle had flounced. Bullied off by Mudskipper and Suity . The Servalan and Travis of CUK.

Who will find Eek to continue the seven?

BrilloPad
23rd October 2015, 07:58
Bullied off by Mudskipper and Suity . The Servalan and Travis of CUK.

:rollin:

Thank you for helping me find laughter through my tears....

So what are you doing this weekend?

WTFH
23rd October 2015, 08:09
Pub crawl tonight with another contractor and our current clientco project director.
Cricket club annual dinner tomorrow night.
Fragile sunday.

MarillionFan
23rd October 2015, 08:19
:rollin:

Thank you for helping me find laughter through my tears....

So what are you doing this weekend?

This weekend I will be staying in, avoiding going to the pub or drinking alcohol.

It's one week in, I've been working out, on the running machine, been on a diet and I've had one beer and one glass of wine. My lowest intake of alcohol since I was 5.

I've put 3lbs on. :suicide:

Gumbo Robot
23rd October 2015, 08:37
Looking forward to this one!

Going over to Weston on Saturday to walk dogs and have a hotdog on the beach, then on to the Christmas grotto at the garden centre and in the evening it's the Circus of Horrors at Wookey Hole followed by dinner in Wells.

That's just Saturday...

Pogle
23rd October 2015, 08:53
Oh I didn't realise that lickspittle had flounced. Bullied off by Mudskipper and Suity . The Servalan and Travis of CUK.

Who will find Eek to continue the seven?

Naw, Suity is more of a Vila

norrahe
23rd October 2015, 10:17
Tonight: fajitas on the BBQ, wine, chilling, prep the salmon for smoking tomorrow. Also curing some Pork belly for bacon
Tomorrow: Try and get a copy of the Torygraph to see if one of my recipes has been published. Off to the market to get the rest of the ingredients for the cookery comp Smoke the salmon that was prepped. Friends round for drinks tomorrow evening, so need to purchase some booze
Sunday: Dry run again on the cookery comp curry this time with sous vide, possibly a Sunday roast of some sort

DaveB
23rd October 2015, 10:52
After last weekend, feck all is the plan.

I may have a go at making some Bacon Jam. I may not.

BlueSharp
23rd October 2015, 11:25
Half term break for the kids so will be taking an extended trip to the countryside.

TykeMerc
23rd October 2015, 11:48
Dinner and major drinkies session with my eldest and his wife celebrating them having a completion date on their first owned rather than rented house and her passing her driving test at the first try.

Saturday and Sunday, recovering and Rugby :D

FatLazyContractor
23rd October 2015, 12:13

What is a drop in an Ocean ?!!

FatLazyContractor
23rd October 2015, 12:15
TFA.

Driving up North this evening.

Saturday - BBQ the lamb tomorrow if the sun comes out and freeze the remains. Rugby.

Sunday - Pack bags etc for the gig in Italy. Rugby.

rl4engc
23rd October 2015, 12:19
Fri - Wine, Fire, TV (catch up on new series of "The Moaning of Life" which I had no idea about).
Sat - Been roped into going to a female friends sporting event, she wants me to take the camera to "get some decent photos".
Sun - No plans, possibly load aforementioned photos into Lightroom to look at them very closely. Checking for things such as, ahem, chromatic aberrations, corner sharpness, sensor noise and such like. :rolleyes:

BrilloPad
23rd October 2015, 12:28
This weekend I will be staying in, avoiding going to the pub or drinking alcohol.

It's one week in, I've been working out, on the running machine, been on a diet and I've had one beer and one glass of wine. My lowest intake of alcohol since I was 5.

Its the sign of a good diet. You are putting on muscle! Keep going!

MyUserName
23rd October 2015, 12:42
Still doing no training under doctor's orders :-( Apparently the awkward twist I got in January was my shoulder dislocating which is still having ramifications :-(

However, we are going to the Efteling for a few days on Monday so I will be spending the weekend sorting stuff for that!

norrahe
23rd October 2015, 13:51
Still doing no training under doctor's orders :-( Apparently the awkward twist I got in January was my shoulder dislocating which is still having ramifications :-(

However, we are going to the Efteling for a few days on Monday so I will be spending the weekend sorting stuff for that!

It's going to be very busy there as it's the school holidays here in cloggers

BrilloPad
23rd October 2015, 13:54
It's going to be very busy there as it's the school holidays here in cloggers

Ditto for UK. Gives the kids a week to come up with tricks for Halloween....

norrahe
23rd October 2015, 14:08
Tonight: fajitas on the BBQ, wine, chilling, prep the salmon for smoking tomorrow. Also curing some Pork belly for bacon
Tomorrow: Try and get a copy of the Torygraph to see if one of my recipes has been published. Off to the market to get the rest of the ingredients for the cookery comp Smoke the salmon that was prepped. Friends round for drinks tomorrow evening, so need to purchase some booze
Sunday: Dry run again on the cookery comp curry this time with sous vide, possibly a Sunday roast of some sort

Bacon plans scrapped, butcher sent me frozen pork belly by mistake.:(

Forgotmylogin
23rd October 2015, 14:13
Sat - Been roped into going to a female friends sporting event, she wants me to take the camera to "get some decent photos".

Watersports?

MrMarkyMark
23rd October 2015, 14:15

Topless volleyball?

Bacon plans scrapped, butcher sent me frozen pork belly by mistake.

:suicide:

oracleslave
23rd October 2015, 14:17
Rugby and beers tomorrow. 90% confident NZ will win but you just never know.

Wife's birthday on Sunday so off to fancy lunch

No presents this year - we're doing a 3 week West coast road trip instead :-)

AtW
23rd October 2015, 15:27
I'll be working on SKA

norrahe
23rd October 2015, 15:39
Topless volleyball?

:suicide:

Though he is sending me a free (fresh) replacement next week. It just means I have to slow cook some pork belly (http://www.kitchenexile.com/2015/03/lazing-on-sunday-afternoon.html) on Sunday instead of the planned roast chuck.

Coalman
23rd October 2015, 17:23
Centre Parcs, yay!

MarillionFan
23rd October 2015, 18:04

Bollocks. Had a bottle of wine and it's only 7pm. :tantrum:

Gumbo Robot
23rd October 2015, 18:15
Centre Parcs, yay!

Longleat?

Coalman
23rd October 2015, 18:19
Yep. Used to wander around the estate long before Centre Parcs was built.

vetran
23rd October 2015, 18:21
Bollocks. Had a bottle of wine and it's only 7pm. :tantrum:

Ouch...

Be strong big boy!

vetran
23rd October 2015, 18:24
TFA

Tonight - packing, I'm a bloke remember & watching The Man in the High Castle ep1 & 2 on prime.

Tomorrow taking Mrs V & Mistress number 3 to a nice 5 star hotel in Turkey with our kids.

Sunday start with Sauna, Turkish bath and beach then polish off the day with complementary food & booze!

rest of the week rinse & repeat.

MaryPoppins
23rd October 2015, 19:27
Packing for possible completion next week. Packing, packing, sorting, dismantling. Ugh.

EternalOptimist
23rd October 2015, 19:29
being bored. nothing to do.

except boozing.

I need an adventure

I just need to test it
23rd October 2015, 20:01
TFA. Picking up my new push bike in the morning, popping to local outdoor market for some tasty morsels, rugby in the afternoon.

Sunday - christen the bike then more rugby.

NotAllThere
25th October 2015, 08:33
Acted as auctioneer at a charity auction yesterday evening. Hard work, but good fun.

FatLazyContractor
25th October 2015, 15:10
Acted as auctioneer at a charity auction yesterday evening. Hard work, but good fun.

Did you bang the bottle of plonk on the table after someone won it?

NotAllThere
25th October 2015, 15:27
Did you bang the bottle of plonk on the table after someone won it?Don't be silly. You don't bang the items. You have a hammer or something. I used a ladle.

This lunchtime I mostly spent washing up after the feeding of the 100 refugees from the local centre. Now watching the latest episode of "Unforgotten".