• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Waiting for the Autumn statement?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waiting for the Autumn statement?

I guess this will be when the changes to both expenses and dividend tax will be confirmed as commencing April 2016?
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    I guess this will be when the changes to both expenses and dividend tax will be confirmed as commencing April 2016?
    That's the date I'm expecting to get full details. At which point I guess we all need to run through the numbers and see how bad things actually are! Can't say I'm looking forward to the budget but at least then we know for sure whats going to happen.

Comment

The dividend tax will be in Finance Bill 2016 according to the summer budget documents but, yes, T&S should be clarified on 25 Nov and both (assuming the T&S goes ahead) will be implemented in April 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
        The dividend tax will be in Finance Bill 2016 according to the summer budget documents but, yes, T&S should be clarified on 25 Nov and both (assuming the T&S goes ahead) will be implemented in April 2016.
        Right so when will we know if its on or not? When is Finance Bill planned for? Yes 2016!
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

I would expect there to be further "news" / "clarification" on IR35 in the Autumn Statement as well.

I'd be astounded if there wasn't.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Right so when will we know if its on or not? When is Finance Bill planned for? Yes 2016!
            The Finance Bill we just outline the details of the implementation. I think the draft is scheduled for mid-December (9th IIRC), and that's pretty typical. The dividend tax itself is a done deal; they're relying on the revenues

On the T&S, it remains a possibility that the proposal will change substantially (as it did between discussion and consultation ), although that is quite unlikely in practice. If it doesn't change substantially, that will be an indication of the direction in which things are heading w/r to IR35, but not a guarantee. In terms of any IR35 changes, they are mooted for Finance Bill 2017, and I would expect an extensive consultation on this prior to implementation (famous last words ). As TF says, there will likely be an update in the Autumn Statement. Davis Morris has also indicated that he's pursuing a new tax strategy for self-employed workers (probably IPSE's FLC), so there may be an update soon about whether that is gaining traction with the Treasury, BIS and HMRC etc.

Comment

Davis Morris has also indicated that he's pursuing a new tax strategy for self-employed workers (probably IPSE's FLC), so there may be an update soon about whether that is gaining traction with the Treasury, BIS and HMRC etc.
              I just think this is such a bad idea, FLC, separating ourselves out.
              Stinks of rolling over and trying to preserve IPSEs commercial interests, within the contracting market.
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                Stinks of rolling over and trying to preserve IPSEs commercial interests, within the contracting market.
                Whilst I'm not a fan of the idea, I can't see how that stands - if one accepts that a lot of members are there for the insurance, and a FLC means that insurance is not required, then I can't see how IPSE benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  then I can't see how IPSE benefit.
                  I'm sure they will find a way, don't you think they will be thinking of one?
                  Otherwise, why suggest the idea, I doubt its from the bottom of their heart?
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                    I'm sure they will find a way, don't you think they will be thinking of one?
                    Otherwise, why suggest the idea, I doubt its from the bottom of their heart?
                    I'm sure they are considering their role in the future landscape, but I'm still not clear what you think they can gain from the proposal other than the kudos of its success, or the fallout of its failure.

They are a not for profit organisation.

Comment

Working...
                    X