• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tory voters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tory voters

So, after the new dividend tax, proposed removal of claiming business expenses, handing out work permits to India like sweeties and now the proposal to force you onto permie payroll after 1 month, are you going to vote for call me Dave and Osbourne again?
    Yep, I love this contractor friendly govt
    16.67%
    Not a chance in hell
    61.11%
    I would rather blow AndyW
    22.22%

No, because Cameron won't be standing next election.

Whatever changes actually get brought in, Labour sure wouldn't undo them. So there ain't much choice.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Would AtW ?

Comment

Even if you think voting for your own self-interest is right, which party would you vote for? When the public at large are angry about tax avoidance who is going to come out in favour of tax breaks for the highly paid?
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Vote with your feet if you can.

Comment

Jesus someones actually voted yes they would still vote Tory!

Comment

Originally posted by pjt View Post
              Jesus someones actually voted yes they would still vote Tory!

Not really. But I can see who did

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Vote with your feet if you can.
                The trick is to get the pen between your toes.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

The fundamental duty of any government is to protect the vulnerable and the poor. I think Tories are doing much better than Liebour in that aspect.

They are not voted in to protect the grossly overpaid tax dodging scum contractors i.e. us. While our options are to choose between a take away pizza or dinner at the OXO tower, there are people in this country like Suity who should choose between feeding themselves or their hungry children.

If someone doesn't like it, go find a scam scheme to reduce your tax burden.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                    The fundamental duty of any government is to protect the vulnerable and the poor.
                    I tend to disagree - the only role of Govt should be to ensure a meritocracy exists for its people and those that wish to can succeed and prosper according to the efforts they expend , the poor will always be with us - but poverty will always be a relative measurement against those who prosper - & any aid given should be as a temporary safety net rather than a way of life.

Not sure who is classed as " The vulnerable" - Suity?
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X