• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I finally had it. My own catastrophic climate change

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finally had it. My own catastrophic climate change

I only just realised it today, but I suffered two bouts of catastrophic climate change this year.

The first one was when I drove up the road for a couple of hours into Scotland. Yes! it is a different climate, and that difference includes average temperatures 2 degrees lower than where I hail from.
    Mind you, I was able to cope by fastening an extra button on my shirt.

Our pets didn't seem to mind. They must be a heck of a lot tougher than those namby pamby Polar bears who will curl up their toes for a couple of degrees of warming.

Then we went to South Africa. 15 degrees higher than home, it was horrible. Not only did I have to undo the Scottish button, but another one as well. How will we ever cope if it gets 2 degrees warmer at home ? It will be economic ruin for button manufactures, that's for sure.

The only hope for mankind is the conference in Paris, this December.
    The combined temperature reductions on the table, assuming EVERY country honours EVERY commitment is .05 degrees C.

That's not five hundreths per year, that's 0.05 degrees by 2100.

YES , that's right. an amount so small that it cannot be measured on a thermometer, in 85 years time.

but we can only achieve that IF EVERY country honours EVERY commitment.

We are dealing with stupid people here.
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

oh no.
    One of my kids says it has been snowing on the hills. I told him that my kids should not know what snow is. Don't they realise, it's a thing of the past ??
    bl00dy deniers
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
    X