• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency applied for strike off at companies house - does it makes contract void?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agency applied for strike off at companies house - does it makes contract void?

The agency my contract is signed with have quietly applied for company to be struck off while I am still in contract with the client. Does that make contract between me and agency void? Including handcuff clause?
    Last edited by saad; 24 November 2015, 17:43.

Originally posted by saad View Post
    The agency my contract is signed with have quietly applied for company to be struck off while I am still in contract with the client. Does that make contract between me and agency void? Including handcuff clause?
    The handcuff clause will be void because if they are no longer trading then they can no longer provide a service. I'd be more concerned about them providing a payment than providing a service.

From a longer term point of view, ask discreetly at client co which other agencies are on the PSL and consider asking about readying your contract to switch over - your Clientco may not be aware of the ratless ship.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Are you sure they are not having a re-organisation and they could be becoming part of a different entity or something? If so it's possible the entity has bought your contract or summat.

I think you need to be looking in to this is in great detail. Understand the situation first before looking for answers. Have you actually spoken to the agent first to make sure you are gonna get paid for a start. Not very smart thinking changing agent is your highest priority when your current one could potentially disappear with your money. Speak to them and find out what is going on first.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Are you sure they are not having a re-organisation and they could be becoming part of a different entity or something? If so it's possible the entity has bought your contract or summat.

I think you need to be looking in to this is in great detail. Understand the situation first before looking for answers. Have you actually spoken to the agent first to make sure you are gonna get paid for a start. Not very smart thinking changing agent is your highest priority when your current one could potentially disappear with your money. Speak to them and find out what is going on first.
        I'm thinking on both tacks as I said - I'd be looking at getting paid regularly as well as making sure that I can keep working at current clientco if my project has a while to run. You're assuming that the agent will be telling the truth.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          I'm thinking on both tacks as I said - I'd be looking at getting paid regularly as well as making sure that I can keep working at current clientco if my project has a while to run. You're assuming that the agent will be telling the truth.
          Simply ask the agent what is going and imply if they don't respond you will tell the client they are in financial trouble.

If you decide to do this by phone or need to when they don't answer your email make sure you have a voice recorder on your mobile.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

"Application to strike off" on companies house is a bit misleading. This could just be that the company's annual return is overdue and CH have instigated a striking off. Don't panic. Ask the agency. They might not even know.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
              "Application to strike off" on companies house is a bit misleading. This could just be that the company's annual return is overdue and CH have instigated a striking off. Don't panic. Ask the agency. They might not even know.
              But having a panic is more fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post

It's voluntary application to strike off, not due to overdue accounts. And interestingly this request has been suspended due to some objection by the registrar.

My contract is ending in 2.5 weeks, so the amount company will owe me 28 days in total. I have dropped them an email and awaiting response I will also speak to the client and see who they have signed the contract with, if it's the same company, the should know this.

As seen on the companies house website, they have formally requested the strike off. I thought for voluntary strike off proposal, you should stop trading for at least three months before you can apply for it. They are still trading!

Comment

Originally posted by saad View Post
                  It's voluntary application to strike off, not due to overdue accounts. And interestingly this request has been suspended due to some objection by the registrar.

My contract is ending in 2.5 weeks, so the amount company will owe me 28 days in total. I have dropped them an email and awaiting response I will also speak to the client and see who they have signed the contract with, if it's the same company, the should know this.

As seen on the companies house website, they have formally requested the strike off. I thought for voluntary strike off proposal, you should stop trading for at least three months before you can apply for it. They are still trading!
                  You should do one of these linky So you get your 28 days paid.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

You can object to the striking off. Do that. Remember this is completely different to the company going into liquidation. There is likely to be a decent explanation. You've done the right thing by asking the question of the agency. But unless you're dealing with someone high level you're unlikely to get an answer. On the upside you may cause mass hysteria among the ranks!

Name and shame the agency and I'll see if I can dig any info up for you.

Comment

Working...
                    X