• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What a wonderful name for a measuring instrument.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a wonderful name for a measuring instrument.

Aspiration Psychrometer by Assmann | Theodor Friedrichs & Co

For dear old Freako, this relates to a relative humidity measuring instrument. Rather disappointing, all in all.

When I worked in Siliconix, a QA lady used to wander around with a thing that looked like a football rattle, which was really a RH measuring thingy with wet & dry thermometers.

Last edited by zeitghost; 9 June 2017, 08:48.

Aha, so that's what they mean by wet bulb measurements. I always wondered
    now my mind is at peace

I still think the ball pein hammer is one of the neatest names for a bit of kit
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      Aha, so that's what they mean by wet bulb measurements. I always wondered
      now my mind is at peace

I still think the ball pein hammer is one of the neatest names for a bit of kit
      I always preferred the straight, flat or cross pein hammer.

Straight and flat always sounded a bit like straight or flat pee-ing which made me giggle
      and cross always made me picture a slightly irate hammer.

tbh the last time I actively thought about different types of pein was at metalwork/woodwork/craft lessons at school - which might explain the somewhat puerile humour.

Comment

Used to giggle at the half round bastard (file)
        and all the kit with WayneKerr stamped on it.

Comment

Working...
        X