• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Catching up on accounts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Catching up on accounts

Did anyone else fail to use all those lovely bank holidays to catch up on their accounts?

UG - its this time of year I wish I paid a besqillion pounds a month for one of those all singing all dancing accountants as opposed to the bargain basement one I use.

Looking forward to doing my tax return. Most exciting thing in my life at the moment!
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Don't use an accountant at all, so I drip feed the update of my books every month so its not that much of a bug shock to do SA or CT600's etc once a year
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Nope. Generally I'm on top of my books and I've already done my self assessment (and my wife's) but with my company year ending this week, I've got about 9 months of business travel and subsistence expenses to catch up on, scan receipts, update my spreadsheet and stick it all in FreeAgent. I owe myself about £2k!

Comment

Noticed I hadn't paid myself a salary for three months, so that was a nice little bonus

Comment

Year end at the end of the month, and I haven't done any book keeping at all this year. Fortunately there's not much to do having been a permie for most of the year, but it's still going to be a bit of a pain going through the bank statements. I used to be so good at keeping the books up to date with every little transaction.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Just completed mine today, was about £2k less than my guesstimate which was nice. Anyone else used the new HMRC portal to complete theirs?

Comment

Working...
              X