• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

contract work for short term project in the evening...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

contract work for short term project in the evening...

Hi,

I've been offered a role by a recruitment agency for a part time 3 month project consisting of 10 hours a week. £40 an hour. I would do this in parallel with my full time job.
    My problem is I don't currently have a ltd company which they will want. Can I set one up and leave the money in, withdrawing it at a later date? I don't really want to pay an ongoing accountancy cost every month since I will only be working for three months and then no more. Would I also have on going costs even if I have stopped working after three months?

Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

Have you considered umbrella as an option as it is a short term assignment????

Comment

Originally posted by montyburns4 View Post
      Hi,

I've been offered a role by a recruitment agency for a part time 3 month project consisting of 10 hours a week. £40 an hour. I would do this in parallel with my full time job.
      My problem is I don't currently have a ltd company which they will want. Can I set one up and leave the money in, withdrawing it at a later date? I don't really want to pay an ongoing accountancy cost every month since I will only be working for three months and then no more. Would I also have on going costs even if I have stopped working after three months?

Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.
      Are you a contractor already? Some perm companies are funny about permies taking other jobs on.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        Are you a contractor already? Some perm companies are funny about permies taking other jobs on.
        I was going to comment on that. I've never had a permanent job contract that didn't expressly state I couldn't do any work on the side without prior disclosure and authorisation.

Comment

Working...
        X