• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK - going downhill rapidly

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CUK - going downhill rapidly

So my twitter feed provides a link to the following new article https://t.co/1Sdz6P93WG which TLR says

1) anything that is too good to be true probably is
    2) anyone foolish enough to join a scheme is mad

to discover that the page is full of adverts for w ww.payecompare.com/umbrella-company.html.

Now I understand this is a site that needs money to survive but should CUK really be advertising dodgy tax avoidance schemes. Some on here have spent years pointing out the problems they cause then suddenly CUK starts advertising them...
    Last edited by cojak; 22 January 2016, 12:06. Reason: removed url
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Dodgy link here. Their site suggests you can keep 85% because they don't have to use a dispensation for expenses like the other umbrellas or standard Ltd. companies. Whatever they're doing it's okay as it's been QC approved. What could go wrong?

Hmmm.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I also get adverts to what looks like a dodgy keep 85% profits scheme.
      That's via mobile though.. Maybe different ads served to mobile users?

Comment

Dodgy link here too - same as OP reported

Comment

Seen similar dodgy links on that other well-known website that ends in calculator.

Comment

Without knowing the details I suspect the ads are actually delivered via a broker service rather than being directly solicited by Admin. CUK is registered with the ad broker under a number of categories and they serve up ads placed by their clients based on the categories they select.

I doubt there is actually much Admin can do about it without completely destroying the sites ad revenue, and we do still get the opportunity to point out the issues with these schemes to anyone reading the forums.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Strange that it doesn't appear on the forum. Its almost as if someone didn't want the more clueful people on here to see it....
              Last edited by administrator; 29 January 2016, 14:22. Reason: Removed the banner as now removed from site.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                Strange that it doesn't appear on the forum. Its almost as if someone didn't want the more clueful people on here to see it....
                Exactly who are these clueful people?

Comment

I pay for CUK Premium membership, no ads here.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    I pay for CUK Premium membership, no ads here.
                    I asked for a quote on that once. Meeting Admin at a seedy hotel in a gimp outfit is not my thing. Call me mr picky....

Comment

Working...
                    X