• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business Bank Account with IVA ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Business Bank Account with IVA ?

Hi all

Ex contractor returning to contracting after a spell of permiedom.
    I'm 5 years 4 months into a 6 year IVA, which is paid up to date (letter available from IVA provider to confirm)

Until I started researching, I hadn't considered that I might have issues getting a business account with the IVA.
    - using my (soon to be ex) partner as a director isn't an option, she was the reason I'm in the IVA anyway
    - not happy doing anything questionable to get the account

Has anyone any experience of/recommendation for banks that might be helpful ? Posts in other forums are a bit contradictory - seems to largely depend on the bank/branch involved.

Any advice welcomed

Many thanks

CashPlus will give you a non-status company account for c£5 a month. Others are available but I can only vouch for CashPlus who've set up a couple of accounts for clients of mine.

Comment

NatWest offer a Foundation account, I believe - this is basic business banking but generally available to those with less-than-perfect credit. Had a chum with exactly the same scenario......although cannot remember if he was still in IVA or just exited.
      latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Comment

Working...
      X