• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Crosstrain as a contractor?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crosstrain as a contractor?

Well, one of the few advantages of a permie job is that you can easily crosstrain to something else but as a contractor how have you managed? What's the preferred solution?

a) blatantly lie on your CV and when you are kicked out after 3 months you gained some experience

b) take a course/exam after the contract and hope to get a new contract with some skills on paper (does it work? agents expect you to have proper working experience in a specific technology so I doubt theoretical knowledge would be of any help)

c) get some exposure to a technology in the last contract and claim it as a major expertise on your CV

d) other (please specify)
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Francko - you got contractor envy? For a permie you seem to be very fixated with everything contractor related!!
    Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

not rocket science

Originally posted by Francko
      Well, one of the few advantages of a permie job is that you can easily crosstrain to something else but as a contractor how have you managed? What's the preferred solution?

d) other (please specify)
      google

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
        Francko - you got contractor envy?
        Too right Chico - Francko is a sinner of the highest caliber. And while on the subject - what is your job Chico?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
          Too right Chico - Francko is a sinner of the highest caliber. And while on the subject - what is your job Chico?
          Its calibre and why do you ask? Do you need a Business Strategist or an Interim Director?
          Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Its calibre and why do you ask? Do you need a Business Strategist or an Interim Director?
            Just as your full of @#$% in religion, so you are in IT too then.

Btw: AtW,think about it. Church, business, contacts.... do you think the guys get together for helping people?
            I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

There is no room in AtW's organisation for a big hitter who has not mastered the basics of apostrophe usage.

Comment

Ah, I knew you were the manager type.

But yes, SKA Inc is making very good progress and I am preparing lists of people who will be imminently hired, can you send me your CV please?

Comment

Who needs a CV?
                  Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Indeed mate, I was just testing you - no CVs necessary for SKA Inc, but all top managers have to pass polygraph test, when do you think you can attend?

Comment

Working...
                    X