• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Client requesting NI Number

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Client requesting NI Number

Hi, new here but just had an odd request where the client have asked me for my NI number. I am a little concerned as to why they would need this? Do I have any obligation to provide this to them?

Thanks

HMRC demands more information than ever about agency contractors

Comment

You could also check the Thicky that is at the top of this part of the forum that discusses the same.
      Last edited by northernladuk; 4 April 2016, 17:09.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        You could also check the stick that is at the top of this part of the forum that discusses the same.

Thicky.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post

Thicky.
          Fixed... Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Fixed... Thanks.
            Not so thicky.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              Not so thicky.
              Oh.. I thought you had a lisp sorry. You are supposed to make the correction, bold it and FTFY it. It's the law.

Comment

Oy - watch it you two...
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...uirements.html

Nothing about end client.

Yes I am aware of agencies asking for it, but why does the end client need this information?

Comment

Could be a misguided attempt to prove your are eligible to work in this country, they want to do some credit checking, they have a poor system that requires it even if not needed or they don't understand contractors.

IMO it's not enough to get worried about but if you are why don't you ask them?

Comment

Working...
                    X