• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pensions options

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pensions options

I've got a small private pension (defined benefit) that I have to start taking later in the year, but not enough to retire on. I also need to find £150,000 in 5 years in the most tax efficient way. Any suggestions of things to look at? I can take £50,000 as a tax free lump sum but I'm aware there are restrictions on recycling. I was going to simply invest my income into a new pension or ISA. I'm not currently contributing to a pension, I have a fairly large pot in a SIPP but that's already had a lump sum withdrawn and so is in drawdown. I'm looking for a rough idea of what the best options might be. I think I need to speak to a pensions advisor I'll ask my accountant but I think this is outside their field of expertise.

Pensions options

Invest in Buy To Let. Guaranteed returns.
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Buy gold.. can never go down... or so I was told.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

If you want proper advice post this in Accounting/Legal not in General.

Besides I would invest in wine. If you get fed up you could just drink it...
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I personally invest into whining yards in CUK General, there are thousands of ogres available...

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed View Post
            I also need to find £150,000 in 5 years in the most tax efficient way. Any suggestions of things to look at?
            Bank robbery
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              I personally invest into whining yards in CUK General, there are thousands of ogres available...
              Invest in sofas. Can't fail.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Invest in gladiator films. Can't fail.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                  Invest in gladiator films. Can't fail.
                  Russell Crowe is a bit old and fat now so even his 80 year old fans will have gone of him.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Russell Crowe is a bit old and fat now so even his 80 year old fans will have gone of him.
                    What about his 90 year old fans Sue?
                    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Working...
                    X