• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Buy to Let situation is sad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy to Let situation is sad

I was thinking of buying to let, but just read this:

Why contractors wanting a buy-to-let must plan better :: Contractor UK

Whats the problem? You pay a bit extra tax. So what?

Property prices can only go up so who cares?

Comment

Of course the prices go up, except if the world economy could crash again.

Comment

But they could go down at an inconvenient moment.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

It's a hard life being a contractor on 500 notes a day, my gold lined suit is a bit loose and my diamond studded shoes are too tight! seriously there are families out there who can't feed their kids

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            But they could go down at an inconvenient moment.
            They did in 2008. For a brief moment. Then the relentless rise continues.

The government is in a huge hole.

Comment

Property will always be fine as long as you keep it for long enough - at least 5 to 10 years, say.

I am one of the fools who has been saving for his whole life. Wish I had gone into BTL insted. Not for a quick profit, just long term security.

At the moment, my savings allow me to be on the bench without drawing benefits I am entitled to, doing the gov a favour. Ok ok I still thing saving is good, but strewth.

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
                Property will always be fine as long as you keep it for long enough - at least 5 to 10 years, say.

I am one of the fools who has been saving for his whole life. Wish I had gone into BTL insted. Not for a quick profit, just long term security.

At the moment, my savings allow me to be on the bench without drawing benefits I am entitled to, doing the gov a favour. Ok ok I still thing saving is good, but strewth.
                The average Japanese who bought at the peak of the market in 1990 still has a house worth less than what they paid for it.

Comment

Originally posted by foobar View Post
                  The average Japanese who bought at the peak of the market in 1990 still has a house worth less than what they paid for it.
                  What is the average rental income on a Japanese house ?

Boo

Comment

Originally posted by Boo View Post
                    What is the average rental income on a Japanese house ?

Boo
                    Have you tried searching

As you are so interested I did it for you... Enjoy...

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X