• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Suity Hols now booked

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suity Hols now booked

Whitehaven, with a lovely cottage with beach views.
    Handy for the lakes.

This morning Suityou02 was showing the kids the beach from google maps, and noticed it's right next door to Sellafield.

The kids are up in arms, and citing blinky the 3 eyed fish as evidence of why they're not going in the sea.

Please can you help me reassure them it's Whitehaven and not Fukushima?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Whitehaven, with a lovely cottage with beach views.
    Handy for the lakes.

This morning Suityou02 was showing the kids the beach from google maps, and noticed it's right next door to Sellafield.

The kids are up in arms, and citing blinky the 3 eyed fish as evidence of why they're not going in the sea.

Please can you help me reassure them it's Whitehaven and not Fukushima?
    You are a contractor, should have been 3 weeks in Disney Land Florida!

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
      You are a contractor, should have been 3 weeks in Disney Land Florida!
      He's not though, is he?
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

There was an Old Man of Whitehaven,
        Who danced a quadrille with a raven;
        But they said, 'It's absurd
        To encourage this bird!'
        So they smashed that Old Man of Whitehaven.
        Edward Lear

Have fun, suity, but watch yourself.

Comment

It's a rancid northern outpost. There is some seriously decent countryside nearby, but generally, that part of the country is desolate and workless.

It's not Sellafield (visitor centre has closed, so save yourself that journey) that should worry you in the sea. It's the bitter cold. Not the place for a quick dip at this time of year. Beaches are quite good though.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            He's not though, is he?
            Past caring, is he even real?

Comment

I'd have thought SY02 would have preferred Cockermouth

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
                It's a rancid northern outpost. There is some seriously decent countryside nearby, but generally, that part of the country is desolate and workless.

It's not Sellafield (visitor centre has closed, so save yourself that journey) that should worry you in the sea. It's the bitter cold. Not the place for a quick dip at this time of year. Beaches are quite good though.
                Phew, glad we're going in August then.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                  I'd have thought SY02 would have preferred Cockermouth
                  She's got that booked for a girls weekend with your missus.

Comment

Ah, Windscale. The place famous for the worst nuclear accident in British history.

Oh yeah, and then they renamed it to Sell a field. No one would buy fields there no matter how hard they tried to sell them.

Research was carried out about the increase in leukemia among children who lived or holidayed in Co Down and Co Louth in the 1970s & 80s. Seemed to tie back to what was being pumped into the Irish Sea from Cumbria.

But you'll love Whitehaven, all I've heard is glowing reports*

*Yes, I know I did the same joke the other day about Chernobyl, but my script writers are on a go slow today
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X