• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

return dividend

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

return dividend

paid myself dividend from company account, but realize i'd better not do it. Can I pay the money back to my company account?

No. You've got to hand yourself in to the nearest police station.

Why don't you speak to your accountant? If you had done that you wouldn't have been in this mess in the first place..

You do have an accountant don't you?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Legitimately, I don't think so.

But who's to say it wasn't just a director's loan*, that you intend to repay shortly. Because you hadn't actually got around to drawing up the dividend paperwork, had you?

* if the amount was more than £10k then you will need to pay interest on the loan.

Comment

I do have an account, but she can't give me advice in the evening.

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        No. You've got to hand yourself in to the nearest police station.

Why don't you speak to your accountant? If you had done that you wouldn't have been in this mess in the first place..

You do have an accountant don't you?

Comment

Originally posted by dkldn View Post
          I do have an account, but she can't give me advice in the evening.
          So wait until tomorrow? I see you are with SJD. Didn't close the company and go umbrella in the end?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dkldn View Post
            paid myself dividend from company account, but realize i'd better not do it. Can I pay the money back to my company account?
            Yes pay it back asap and get your accountant to note it as a directors loan, even if it was for over 10k, if its only for a short time the interest won't be a lot, especially if your company offers it's directors very competetive interest rates

Comment

Working...
            X