• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Eve of referendum polls of polls

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eve of referendum polls of polls

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinio...Polls_of_polls

Poll? Ain't she the barmaid down the Nag's 'end?

Comment

So heading for exit until the MP was murdered. Just starting to head back to exit but probably late enough to save the remain campaign.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Poll? Ain't she the barmaid down the Nag's 'end?
        Nope MF will explain it to you he is the expert on pole.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
          So heading for exit until the MP was murdered. Just starting to head back to exit but probably late enough to save the remain campaign.
          Nah, it was happening before that. Statistical modelling by YouGov suggests peak Brexit was around 13 June. Polls were beginning to soften markedly around the date of Gidiot's punishment budget, coincidence or otherwise. No evidence that the tragic murder of Jo Cox had any impact. There is invariably a swing to the perceived status quo in the last few days.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
            Nah, it was happening before that. Statistical modelling by YouGov suggests peak Brexit was around 13 June. Polls were beginning to soften markedly around the date of Gidiot's punishment budget, coincidence or otherwise. No evidence that the tragic murder of Jo Cox had any impact. There is invariably a swing to the perceived status quo in the last few days.
            Yes, I agree. If truth be told, I reckon most voters had made their minds up a long time ago and I doubt very many have subsequently changed their stances. The whole campaign on both sides has revolved around which side can alarm most of the undecideds. I suspect that will leave us a fairly narrow Remain victory.
            What it will also leave us with is an electorate that is fairly evenly split down the middle across all sorts of political, social, and economic boundaries. Whether that is a good thing or not remains to be seen, but the entire business is hardly likely to have been good for the reputations of the political classes.
            Expect ever lower turnouts at Elections in future with probable rises in the support for fringe parties.
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
              Yes, I agree.
              Well that's good to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                Well that's good to know.
                I knew that would cheer you up. I hope it helps with your acceptance issues
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                  I knew that would cheer you up. I hope it helps with your acceptance issues
                  My issues are way beyond help, but you always cheer me up.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                    If you look on the link attached to the op and scroll down you can see that the average was moving further towards brexit. Then suddenly green (referring to the colouring on the link). The pollsters even reported that voting intentions changed during the poll when the news was announced.

Looking at the op link, you can see the average moving back to red (exit) but not as much momentum as before.

I have no idea how accurate the info on the link is, but at face value, the poor woman's murder made a dramatic change to voting intentions.

Comment

Working...
                    X