• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Direct Contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Direct Contract

Just been offered a long term contract direct for a previous employer.

Just after a bit more advice on this situation.

Reading previous posts the general concensus is that raising a PO is prefereable to an invoice. Just after the background on why this is so.

Are there any other pitfalls I should be aware of other then late payment from the client ?

Nice bike. Did you see the Ducati 1 and 2 at Valencia this weekend?

As far as PO's and invoices are concerned, the customer raises a PO as they are purchasing your services. You then raise an invoice for the appropriate amount against that PO.

For my direct customers, I offer a set of t's and c's which we will both agree and sign. It's up to them whether they issue a PO or not, I'm not bothered. Then I'll invoice them and expect payment in accordance with the t's and c's.

HTH...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

If you prefer to use a contract, join the PCG and use theirs. You'll need some form of contract (for the supply of services, not employment) but as RH says, that can just be a set of Ts & Cs. Make sure you specify payment terms. One thing agencies are useful for is paying you on receipt of invoice, but I have yet to encounter a direct client who will do that.
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
      X