• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is there anything they won't send to India ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck trying to get useful ski advice from Jagmohan in Bangalore ( ... err ... I mean Good Day, I am Jimmy from Glasgow. How about those Celtics, sir ?)

Ski Reservations Manager Permanent
    Ski Reservations Manager. A Ski Reservations Manager is required to run our established travel company s overseas ski operations. The Reservations/Sales Manager must have previous ski experience and be prepared to travel to India. This position will involve training, motivating, and managing a team of 30 staff. This position would require someone who is strong willed and patient and who definitely has strong management skills. You will also be managing the recruitment process, planning and implementing staff rotas, and helping the company double in size. To be considered for the position the successful person must have at least two years experience within ski and supervisory experience. All travel and accommodation included.
    Location India
    Country India
    Start Date ASAP
    Rate Up To 30k
    Employment Agency Prospects4travel
    Contact Recruitment Team
    Telephone 0207 627 1919
    Fax 0207 627 5445
    Email [email protected]
    Reference JS/V341/1223
    Posted Date 27/10/2006 10:14:36

This position would require someone who is strong willed and patient and who definitely has strong management skills.

"Sking is fun"

"Pun??"

"No FUN"

"yes PUN"

"Noo F-U-N"

"P-U-N"

ARGGHH"

Comment

Hmmm 30K with travel and accom in India.? I'm guessing that's equivalent to a 100K salary here, except you'd have servants to cater for your every whim.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
        Hmmm 30K with travel and accom in India.? I'm guessing that's equivalent to a 100K salary here, except you'd have servants to cater for your every whim.
        Thas a lot of money in india . you can live like a maharajah.
        if only i knew how to ski

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
          But then you would not be able to come back here and enjoy the same standard of life when the job finished, and you won't have much mney you can invest with in this country. Also You'd prolly have to tulip in a hole while out there, toilets aren't like the luxury we enjoy over here.....

Comment

Indians

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
              But then you would not be able to come back here and enjoy the same standard of life when the job finished, and you won't have much mney you can invest with in this country. Also You'd prolly have to tulip in a hole while out there, toilets aren't like the luxury we enjoy over here.....
              Been to Bangalore on work and stayed in a serviced apartment that had every convenience. Everything is air-conditioned and surprisingly there was a thriving drinking scene. Things ain't what they used to be ...
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

No mention of Bangalore in that advert and while they have come along in leaps and bounds you will find that overall toilets in india are holes in the ground. Also a UPS is a garage with about 200 car batteries connected together with odd bits of wire that is then connected to the incoming power line with a dodgy bit of wire too...
                Don't let the shiney exterior blind you to what lies underneath!!

Comment

I went to Chennai earlier this year for a week just to visit with the wife and her parents. The apartments we stayed in were up to scratch with en-suite bathrooms etc...

The biggest bonus was going shopping, generally the bigger more established shops (not the new ones in the malls) are literally teeming with staff. Not only did i not have to follow my wife round, they were also very liberal with coffee and water. Meant I could sit down and relax whilst the Mrs indulged herself shopping.

Labour over there is so cheap though that you won't have to lift a finger, a live in servant and driver will probably set you back £10 a week and they'll sleep in your back yard for 24 hour cover and security! add another tenner and your grocery shopping and cooking will probably be covered.

As has been mentioned, local culture is very westernised in some areas. Bars, restaurants, shops, the middle classes can't get enough.
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                  X