• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Here EU Go, Here EU Go, Here EU Go

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here EU Go, Here EU Go, Here EU Go

Juncker's plan for ALL members of EU to adopt euro revealed just DAYS after Brexit | World | News | Daily Express

Brexit campaigners said the EU commission's post Brexit actions prove Britain achieved a truly "great escape".

Jean-Claude Juncker is now believed to be set on ensuring each member state only uses the euro after the people of Britain voted in favour of a Brexit on June 23.

The president of the commission also seems set on rushing exit negotiations after claiming they should begin as soon as possible.

But it seems Mr Juncker is also keen to accelerate European intergration by making eight remaining nations use the euro.

Those nations are Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Hungary, Poland, Romania and Sweden.

German newspaper Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung claimed there are plans underfoot to accelerate the "completion" of the monetary union.

They say these will soon be announced by Mr Juncker.

I think you EUrophiles will have enough problems soon enough.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Once the old generation have died off the young will vote back in. At that time using the euro currency will be a prerequisite.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      I think your children will have problems for the rest of their lives.
      Not happy about it mind, not gloating, unlike you.

Comment

Makes sense - Euro is super successful, the only second reserve currency that are on near equal terms as USD, achieved in a very short period of time, UK made big mistake by not joining EURO when it could, sadly now when it does the last fixed exchange rate will be similar to Italian liras

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Once the old generation have died off the young will vote back in. At that time using the euro currency will be a prerequisite.
          If they can be bothered to vote at all. Didn't seem to be the case this time around.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Makes sense - Euro is super successful, the only second reserve currency that are on near equal terms as USD, achieved in a very short period of time, UK made big mistake by not joining EURO when it could, sadly now when it does the last fixed exchange rate will be similar to Italian liras
            If your quick you could probably emigrate to the EU . Just sayin.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Several million Greeks may take issue with you on that one...
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
                If your quick you could probably emigrate to the EU . Just sayin.
                Why? I like being at home, I don't plan to move live in mainland Europe, so loss of free movement won't affect me personally, but overall it will be bad for this country

Comment

Originally posted by CretinWatcher View Post
                  I think your children will have problems for the rest of their lives.
                  Not happy about it mind, not gloating, unlike you.
                  I'm just happy that the suspicions we had about the march of the EU were spot on. Hardly gloating once the euro expands to a few more poor countries in a perilous state the French & Germans are toast pity because I don't want my friends to suffer.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    When I was a youth I used to think that to myself whilst watching the blue rinses at the tory party conference. Problem is, they're being replaced just as fast as they die out.

Comment

Working...
                    X