• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh dear !

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh dear !

Just walked in to the orifice today and noticed a new poster in the staff room at lunchtime.

It was a large A3 affair, printed on someone's inkjet.

On the left it had real pictures of staff's cars. All the normal small to medium sized ones. The caption above the pictures read "Saviours of the Planet"

On the right it had real pictures of staff's cars. All 4x4's and "Gas Guzzlers".
    The caption above the pictures read "Enemies of the Planet"

I was a bit suprised to say the least. There was a lot of commotion going on in the staff room and people were getting really angry. Some people just sat around eating their sandwiches watching the debacle.

When I passed there an hour later, the poster had gone.

Seems like there is some serious fear and loathing going on in the orifice. Glad to see the recent Green Campaign is uniting us all and not polarising opinions

I wonder if the "World is Doomed" messages of the recent weeks are because all the terrorists have slunk away for the time being, and the Govermint needs a new bogieman to cower and quell the masses ?

0.02p
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Well done BGG. We haven't had an oh dear thread for a while...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

I am doing my bit by switching to a Sdkfz-251 half-truck that I procured in 1944.

threaded

Comment

And I'm sticking with my Bren Gun carrier.

Comment

Working...
        X