• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fujitsu PSL agencies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fujitsu PSL agencies

May have the opportunity to take a gig with Fujitsu on their MoD contract, but will have to engage through one of their PSL agencies. Fujitsu has passed me the contacts for their two prime ones, Lorien & Project People.

Anyone have an experience of contracts through either of these for Fujitsu - and working practices ?

Have done a search on here for both agency contracts, and there seems mixed reviews. Lorien comes up more often, and it seems most people have been able to negotiate contract changes - more effectively when using QDOS, B&C, etc.

I saw the comments about Lorien before I went with them for a 3 mother a few years ago. Turned out to be fine in the end. Contract passed OK and no problems with payments. To be fair only spoke to them a few times at contract sign and once when I was leaving. Never been with the other one.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Similar experience as NLUK for me; Lorien are decent enough once you're in a contract with them, never heard of the other one.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Fujitsu have (in the past) had a tendency to change their PSL and make their contractors change from one agency to another. Last time I was there (some years back now) they paid off whoever the current main agency was and moved everyone to Hays.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiler View Post
          May have the opportunity to take a gig with Fujitsu on their MoD contract, but will have to engage through one of their PSL agencies. Fujitsu has passed me the contacts for their two prime ones, Lorien & Project People.

Anyone have an experience of contracts through either of these for Fujitsu - and working practices ?

Have done a search on here for both agency contracts, and there seems mixed reviews. Lorien comes up more often, and it seems most people have been able to negotiate contract changes - more effectively when using QDOS, B&C, etc.
          In general we've heard reasonable things about both those agencies, but you may want to consider this which IPSE is seriously concerned about. We're currently putting together our response to HMG's consultation and rallying the troops to fight against these proposals.

Comment

Originally posted by IPSE View Post
            In general we've heard reasonable things about both those agencies, but you may want to consider this which IPSE is seriously concerned about. We're currently putting together our response to HMG's consultation and rallying the troops to fight against these proposals.
            Hardly any of the contractors here are aware if it and even worse nor do the staff in key positions.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiler View Post

Done a stint with each at DVLA Swansea for Fujitsu, both fine apart from insame PL cover requirements, £6m I think...

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Hardly any of the contractors here are aware if it and even worse nor do the staff in key positions.
                You mean at clientco not on CUK I assume? We've had a fair few threads regarding the forthcoming public sector changes....

As for IPSE being concerned - I would be.... word is that its a done deal....
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  You mean at clientco not on CUK I assume? We've had a fair few threads regarding the forthcoming public sector changes....

As for IPSE being concerned - I would be.... word is that its a done deal....
                  Sorry, yes at PS client.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Sorry, yes at PS client.
                    What's the situation if you're contracting for Fujitsu at a PS client?
                    Would PS client want to know each consultant's status?
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                    X