• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Barbers Tipping Etiquette (NSFW)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barbers Tipping Etiquette (NSFW)

So my local barbers (Turkish bunch) do a pretty good cut. However they are so unfriendly and ignore the customers, not even saying hello or thankyou, just talking amongst themselves in their own tongue. Oh and then expect a tip at the end, making remarks if customers don't as they are leaving.

Who here tips their barber still ? Do I just sound like a whinge bag (which is how I generally feel at the moment) ?

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    So my local barbers (Turkish bunch) do a pretty good cut. However they are so unfriendly and ignore the customers, not even saying hello or thankyou, just talking amongst themselves in their own tongue. Oh and then expect a tip at the end, making remarks if customers don't as they are leaving.

Who here tips their barber still ? Do I just sound like a whinge bag (which is how I generally feel at the moment) ?
    Doesn't your mum cut your hair?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      Doesn't your mum cut your hair?
      She does.

Comment

If they are talking in their own tongue, how do you know what the remarks are?

The Wife (tm) cuts my hair, and I like to give her a big tip.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          and I like to give her a big tip.
          Are you saying MF is right in calling you a massive bellend?

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
            Are you saying MF is right in calling you a massive bellend?

MF never calls me (thankfully), unlike your wife.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I went for a scalping in Basingstoke recently and was spoilt for choice by the number of establishments offering personal grooming services.

Most of them run by folks of middle eastern origin. Have you ever noticed how these places only do one cut no matter what you asked for?

Anyhow, just when the finishing touches were being put to the back of my neck, the Kurdish gentleman who was attending to me got very animated about Turks in response to an innocent comment I had made about being partial to baba ganoush and started waving his cut throat razor around.

It got me thinking that it is prudent, when at the mercy of such an individual, to make it very clear that a handsome contribution to the establishment's annual p*ss up will be made upon egress from the shop.

Particularly in this day and age
              Last edited by Malcolm Buggeridge; 29 July 2016, 13:37.

Comment

at £5 (its piece work) seems mean not to give them a £1
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                  She does.

wait till she manscapes you. She loves checking you are really smooth.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Yes.

Also in those situations you are suppose to round up. If the place are too stupid and have made their cuts £5, £10 etc then it's their own fecking fault they get sod all from customers.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X