• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm selling my stocks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm selling my stocks

Calling the top of the bull market.

Will sit on cash and await the crash later this year or in 2017.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Calling the top of the bull market.

Will sit on cash and await the crash later this year or in 2017.

i think you're right.

The Autumn Fair is on this weekend , which is a massive trade show where all UK shops make orders for next year. I've now received three seperate emails from companies saying that due to Brexit, they're holding prices until next week & then are putting prices up by 15%. This is because all companies have already bought stock, but now anything new is going to be impacted by the drop in sterling to USD as all imports are calculated in dollars.

The China fair is in October, so give it to the new year before retail sales fall off a cliff.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

US profits are way below expectations, but the stock market still rose sharply
      US Presidential election later this year
      US interest rate rise in September or December
      Article 50 invoked early next year (maybe)
      Some EU banking/bailout crisis
      Chinese stock market/property bubble

And the fact that stock markets look a lot like the oil/gold price spikes we have seen before, and the fact they seem to be hovering around a top now.

Comment

So what you're suggesting is that now that I've finally taken the plunge and opened a stocks and shares ISA with HL and pumped 50% into a Vanguard Lifestrategy 100% fund and 50% into a Fundsmith fund, that it is all going downhill from here?
        Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Even your shares in gold dealers and property companies?

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
            So what you're suggesting is that now that I've finally taken the plunge and opened a stocks and shares ISA with HL and pumped 50% into a Vanguard Lifestrategy 100% fund and 50% into a Fundsmith fund, that it is all going downhill from here?
            Perhaps. Maybe it will keep going up. Who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Even your shares in gold dealers and property companies?
              No, keeping those and all my yachts.

Comment

Speculation!!
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  Speculation!!

Comment

I call top on Dow at around 18,600 which it hit a few weeks back, and FTSE at ~6900 which has also been hit. Perhaps not Germany yet.

Comment

Working...
                    X