• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dormant company with 2 directors. Remuneraton queston.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dormant company with 2 directors. Remuneraton queston.

Can a company be dormant if it has 2 directors and they receive their pay as normal?
    Company has no income of any sort.

Here....

In essence, a dormant company is one that has had no significant accounting transactions during the accounting period. A significant accounting transaction is defined as one that the company should enter in its accounting records. Provided no such transactions occur then the company can have dormant company status

Comment

Yes, but corporation tax relief on the salary could potentially be queried by HMRC.

Comment

I found this:

Your company is usually dormant for Corporation Tax if it:
        has stopped trading and has no other income, for example investments
        it doesn't mention anything about expenses. e.g. director's pay.

Comment

Originally posted by era View Post
          Can a company be dormant if it has 2 directors and they receive their pay as normal?
          Company has no income of any sort.
          In this case it's not dormant, just simply has no trading income.
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
            In this case it's not dormant, just simply has no trading income.
            Care to elaborate?
            Trading ?= trading income

Comment

I found this:

it doesn't mention anything about expenses. e.g. director's pay.
              Expenses aren't directors' pay. Don't do anything until you've spoken to someone who knows what's they're doing, you don't seem to have a clue really and getting this wrong will cost you.

Comment

Care to elaborate?
                Trading ?= trading income
                In essence, a dormant company is one that has had no significant accounting transactions during the accounting period. A significant accounting transaction is defined as one that the company should enter in its accounting records. Provided no such transactions occur then the company can have dormant company status.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                  Expenses aren't directors' pay.
                  Have to disagree. For the company, salaries are an expense.

Comment

Working...
                  X