• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

OSX Virtualised on a OSX Server

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OSX Virtualised on a OSX Server

According to the Apple EULA

(iii) to install, use and run up to two (2) additional copies or instances of the Apple Software
    within virtual operating system environments on each Mac Computer you own or control
    that is already running the Apple Software, for purposes of: (a) software development; (b)
    testing during softw
    SO I read this as I can spin up a Virtual machine on my Mac and have another instance of MacOS running, but for hte life of me I can't work out how to do it. Everything on the net seems to point to running OSX on Windows, which I guess is against the terms.

Got an old *.dmg from the Lion install which I am trying to see if I can "boot" off that, but my god why is this so hard!
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    According to the Apple EULA

SO I read this as I can spin up a Virtual machine on my Mac and have another instance of MacOS running, but for hte life of me I can't work out how to do it. Everything on the net seems to point to running OSX on Windows, which I guess is against the terms.

Got an old *.dmg from the Lion install which I am trying to see if I can "boot" off that, but my god why is this so hard!
    Grab a copy of Virtual Box for Mac OS and install under that?
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      Grab a copy of Virtual Box for Mac OS and install under that?
      I have virtualbox installed, I can create Windows and Linux VM's no problem, usually I use an ISO, which for OSX doesn't exist, that is what I am falling down on!

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        I have virtualbox installed, I can create Windows and Linux VM's no problem, usually I use an ISO, which for OSX doesn't exist, that is what I am falling down on!
        Tried this one?

https://ntk.me/2012/09/07/os-x-on-os-x/
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Use Disk Utility to turn the DMG into an ISO: macos - How can I convert a DMG to ISO on Mac OS X (preferably for free)? - Ask Different

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Cheers, will try this when I am home tonight (at the moment I am VNC'd back to the machine from my iPad)

Think the dmg I have is not bootbale so need to do something with that first.

Comment

From memory I think you can only run Lion Server in a VM, Lion being the last OSX version where server is a separate release not an add-on app like now.

Comment

at one point i did have a copy of OS X that i could run in a regular windows / linux hosted VM

i gather they are out there if you look in the right places
                Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Working...
                X