• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stupid Answer of the Day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stupid Answer of the Day

In my job I have to process user account requests for a certain procurement system. These requests have to be in writing, so we have a form that is used.

These forms have been stored over the last 4 years, filling 30 lever arch folders.

Last year it was agreed that we could scan the documents in and store them online, but no decision was made about disposing of the paper forms afterwards.

This decision has now be made and we can shred them and send the shreddings for recycling.

This has left us with a large number of lever arch files.

I asked my supervisor where we could put the unsed files.

Her reply: "Now you cleared the cupboard, (which the files were originally stored in) just put them in there!"

Did I mention, I work for the NHS!
    Do you think people who pack the confectionary into boxes at fudge making factories tell people what they do for a living?

Sounds a good answer to me. Saves waste. Changes it to a recycled stationery cupboard.

Comment

Working...
    X