• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency wont pay and now blocked my number

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agency wont pay and now blocked my number

Hello everyone,

First-time poster and I hope I am in the right area.

I finished my last contract on the 30th of December, and invoice as usual and sent it to the relevant people, usually I would have been paid within two weeks, now it seems like the recruitment agency was paid by the company I was working for but due to bad money management the recruiter has not paid me (two of their main recruiters have left already more to follow).

they owe me around 15K and I don't have ipse insurance.

What are my options?

This has never happened to me. I have called their "finance director" who has now blocked my number

I was going to start a small claims court proceeding and my accountant gave me dept collector numbers (I don't really want to use them)

Your help will be greatly appreciated

P.s. I did not want to mention the agencies name but I did do a search for them and only two results returned that was from 2013

P.S.S my wifi crashed so I hope this has not been double posted

Thanks

Hi tovraa

Take a look at this thread http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...s-what-do.html

Basically call Safe Collections and let them sort it out, their commission is worth it.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by tovraa View Post
      they owe me around 15K and I don't have ipse insurance.

What are my options?
      Even though the horse has bolted, join IPSE anyway - I think there's a CUK discount code on the advert but I now hav an ad blocker installed so can't check that. You won't be able to claim on their insurance but I think you get a discount with these guys:

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      Basically call Safe Collections and let them sort it out, their commission is worth it.
      First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. But Gandhi never had to deal with HMRC

Comment

Thank you very much will look into both

Comment

Loads of threads on this here. We do get this from time to time and there is plenty of the same advice. Dunning the crap out of them with letters, signed for and all that. Quoting late payment legislation to show them you know what you are talking about etc. Going straight to a debt collector is further down the line IMO. Most of the time you can sort it yourself with a couple of letters and a bit of time.

Here they are... Have a read, there is some pretty good stuff in there

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ag...ntractoruk.com
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Loads of threads on this here. We do get this from time to time and there is plenty of the same advice. Dunning the crap out of them with letters, signed for and all that. Quoting late payment legislation to show them you know what you are talking about etc. Going straight to a debt collector is further down the line IMO. Most of the time you can sort it yourself with a couple of letters and a bit of time.

Here they are... Have a read, there is some pretty good stuff in there

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ag...ntractoruk.com
            It's worth notifying Safe Collections as they are helpful plus when you get to the "Letter before Action" stage you should mention in the letter you will use court and/or a debt recovery agency.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I find registered mail to the directors' home addresses more useful than making phone calls. Especially when it comes to the "cough up or we're sending the boys round"* type communications.

* Taking legal action
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
              X