PDA

View Full Version : Avoid Prosperity4 like the plague!

UKITCONTRACTOR
8th March 2004, 20:28
ADVICE: AVOID Prosperity4 AT ALL COSTS!!!!!! Why?? Read on....
Well, I've just finished a 3 month contract with Prosperity4. They charged me an "admin fee" of £200 because I didn't accumulate £1500 worth of fees for them during the year!!!!! (NO other umbrella company has such a requirement)
On top of that dubious and unheard of charge, they charge 8% of a Contractor's fees!!
They charge the highest rate out of ALL the umbrella companies that I have seen and they give the worst service or no service whatsoever. I have been kept waiting for days and sometimes weeks after I have requested something from them.
Upon speaking to fellow IT Contractors, they all echo my sentiments and suggest going with other Umbrella companies e.g. Trafalgar, Giant, OrangeGenie, DJColom(Accountants only).
Now, you may be thinking: "why did this FOOL go with them in the first place?"
We all make mistakes and this was a costly one for me though.
I would love to hear from anyone that has been with Prosperity4 as I am going to take this matter further, maybe even take legal action over a whole host of other dodgy things they have done.

sgrollitt
9th March 2004, 07:42
There seems to be a lot of bad press, even a vendetta, about this company, all of which I fear might have a knock-on effect, so I thought I'd post something that would advertise them favourably. I have worked through Prosperity4 for over a year and have had no problems whatsoever. I get paid on time every time, get very quick responses to queries both via the phone and e-mail, and have found its staff helpful and friendly. The 8% you mention is actual only 6%, which is not the highest I've come accross (I considered a few before joining up with Prosperity4). So far, everything has been smooth and trouble-free.

planetit
9th March 2004, 09:02
We all make mistakes and this was a costly one for me though

And you will be making another one if you have anything to do with Giant.

SupremeSpod
9th March 2004, 09:14
I agree fully, don't touch Giant, 360 Group or Contranet(CPM Group).

If any of the employees/management of the above companies would like to counter my statement above then feel free, I have evidence that I am all to willing to distribute to whoever wants it.

I went with OrangeGenie(and they've dropped the ball a couple of time now also!) - why can't people do their job?

Spod - In "Go on, make my day" mode!

freshblue
9th March 2004, 10:09
p4 charge 8% if the rate is below a certain value and 6% if above (not sure where the rate break is). The contract from memory mandated either a £200 admin charge of £1500 minimum fee's and if you have signed the contract you have agreed to that. Great huh!

PerlOfWisdom
9th March 2004, 11:17
Didn't you read the contract when you signed up with them?

I didn't when I went with Giant, particularly the bit about giving them 2 months notice of termination. My new accountant got me off this though.

dagnytaggartthethird
9th March 2004, 12:27
HOW MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote :

"The 8% you mention is actual only 6%, which is not the highest I've come accross (I considered a few before joining up with Prosperity4). "

I'd love to know any others that charge more than that - 6% is outrageous. All they do is run the payroll for you and process a few expenses.

All the others I have seen charge around the £50 a month mark.

BillHicksRIP
17th March 2004, 16:03
I'll second the anti-Prosperity4 comments. I'm with them at the moment and can't wait to be shut of them. I joined them before I found this forum and so never had any point of reference of their performance. I should of had the contract looked over by someone before signing, but hindsight's a great thing. If you show any interest they will hound you (3 times in one day at one stage) to fax back the signed pages of the contract. When I read the bad press, I tried to get out of the contract, and was laughed at by one of their management with the words.."You shouldn't sign things you don't understand..ha ha...". He then eulogised about how great they were, and to give them a chance. Can't fault the person I deal with, but the guy in accounts is incompetent. They dedcuted an amount by mistake and then messed up returning the money to me. I had to have a shouting match, and I do mean him screaming down the phone at me that I was wrong with my take on the situation, until I demanded to speak with someone else. The other guy understood eventually. (I did 2 years as a junior in an accountants). No apology from the accounts guy.

That management fellow complained about this forum as people were posting negative opinions about P4 anonymously. My own experience has been far from positive, but, unfortunately, I'm an employee of theirs for the time being but I will be posting a full report towards the end of the year.

Avoid. Plague.

freshblue
17th March 2004, 19:22
And as you are tied into the contract you can't get out without them holding back your dosh!

antagoneyes
18th March 2004, 10:13
If Prosperity4 are so bad, how come so many of you have used them in the past or are still using them? Why are so many reputable sources like Jobserve, AccountingWeb, etc, etc still advertising their services.

They clearly set out their terms and conditions. Surely all one has to do is read these and compare with alternatives to see if the deal is good or bad.

It worries me that you guys are so shallow lead by hype, smalltalk and advertising, rather than the bottom line. It also worries me how little you guys understand about basic financial issues connected with contracting. Some of the budgetary questions/musings on the general forum were completely infantile and not what I would expect from intelligent professionals.

You only have yourselves to blame for making bad decisions and ignoring good advice.

BillHicksRIP
18th March 2004, 10:58
I'm still using them because I can't get away from them. My own personal experience has been woeful and it's the least I can do to let others know who are new to contracting, and the legal side of things, of my experience. It's up to them to make their own judgements. P4 are getting over £80 a week from me in fees. For that money, the service I'm getting is way below par. I am an IT person, I'm not trained in legal matters.

The fact that Jobserve and the like advertise Prosperity4 is because they're being paid to, obviously. It's also the reason I went with them, because as I said, I hadn't found this forum, and had no point of reference.

WWW ITDoctors co uk
18th March 2004, 12:44
Fiddle and I have had dealings with Liam Paulus from Prosperity4 in the past.

We like him but we don't like the company.

We won't be promoting Prosperity4 on our new website because we don't believe they offer contractors the best umbrella service at the best price. This is a shame as we would have earned considerably more commission to sell prosperity4 than the other umbrella companies we are currently in negotiations with.

Over time we are aiming to promote the best products we can find in each area of contractor operation and contractor finance. We want to maximise commission but the quality of the product is our prime consideration. If we can't reach a deal with the best available we will exclude that product from our portfolio.

John Galt
18th March 2004, 16:06
Nice to hear that!! Seems to me that some umbrella companies forget who pays their wages! No excuse for bad service

freshblue
18th March 2004, 18:13
God knows where all that cash some people lump over to P4 goes! Ferrari anyone?:rolleyes

rooney
18th March 2004, 22:05
It would appear that Liam Paulus works for both P4 and Ryder Consulting (IT agency) as he is down as the contact on both their websites!

A nice guy and able to hold down 2 jobs at the same time...unless Ryder the agency and P4 the umbrella are 1 and the same.

fiddleabout
19th March 2004, 13:30
ain't google grand :)

He is a nice guy but from comments on here a number of contractors have had problems of one sort or another with P4.

How much of the blame for that lies with P4 and how much with the contractors is what you really need to research and so far we've only seen the contractor side of things.

John Galt
19th March 2004, 14:34
That's most unlike you Fiddle being all reasonable and fair minded - are you feeling OK?

Bella73
19th March 2004, 14:50
Anyone heard of Green Lantern 35 Umbrella company? Anything good/bad would help - or a referal to a good one for my hubby the freelance accountant to work through?

WWW ITDoctors co uk
19th March 2004, 14:57
Bella

If you can wait until very early next week Fiddle and I will have something for you on our new site.

Bella73
19th March 2004, 15:53
What is the site address?

Cojak
19th March 2004, 16:15
it's a secret....

WWW ITDoctors co uk
19th March 2004, 20:09
No it's not Cojak - I just don't like blatantly advertising.

Oh heck - www.************.co.uk

fiddleabout
20th March 2004, 01:11
> That's most unlike you Fiddle being all reasonable and fair minded - are you feeling OK?

sorry - normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.

In this case probably just after I get the pages together for our umbrella offering on www.************.co.uk (http://www.************.co.uk)

Rhino - see me in the morning for spamming lessons :)

AtW
21st March 2004, 00:33
so, fiddle - let me get it straight - you laughed off my marketing approach to use targeted AdWords, while yourself you stick to spamming forum of people who have zero interest in your site? :)

antagoneyes
21st March 2004, 11:55
What ever happened to the site you were supposedly developing AtW - all we have evidence of so far is enough hot air from your good self to launch the advertising balloon.:)

John Galt
24th March 2004, 15:30
Interesting little snippet - apparantly P4's last year's account show them trading insolvently to the tune of £150k with director's owing further £265k. Oops :o

fiddleabout
25th March 2004, 09:10
> spamming forum of people who have zero interest in your site?

Couple of things about this AtWaT - for zero interest each post certainly attracts a lot of traffic. My real ulterior motive, as I've mentioned countless times before, is that eZboard forums get indexed by the great god google - the higher rankings far outweigh the benefits of any direct traffic.

On the other matter raised by antagonise - I fear you do not understand the benefits of vapourware - the benefits of it are only for vendors with an established product trying to fight off an upstart competitor by hinting that their next free upgrade will include all the features that the competition is trying to sell. There is no benefit to be gained by a no-name idiot who has no product claiming that he will be launching one soon.

.====================================.
|.==================================.|
|| I must not spam Contractor UK ||
|| I m.----.t spam Contractor UK ||
|| /`\/ \/`\ / ||
|| )_/| |\_(/\ ||
|| \______/ /\/ ||
|| _(____)__/ / ||
|'===/ ,_ _ ___/==================='|
'====\___\_) |======================='
|______|
/______\
|_||_|
(__)(__)

Mark
Bored with AtW's twaddle - take a break from it atYourJokes (http://www.*********.co.uk/)

freshblue
26th March 2004, 13:31
John - interesting stuff that on P4, I read somewhere they had another company doing recruitment so the dosh could be going there, Ferraris or a string of race horses! Perhaps it also relates to all the advertising they do!

John Galt
26th March 2004, 16:14
Makes you wonder Fresh! Think they may have downsized to a Smart car and a donkey after this though :rollin

antagoneyes
15th April 2004, 08:47
Well the PCG still apprear to be operating to their original mandate as set out by their erstwhile leader the 'Great White' Andy.

I got hold of a couple of copies of their recent magazine and guess what a full page advert for Prosperity4.

The PCG care about contractors - yea right!

I challenge any PCG lurking member to tell me how they can possibly justify advertising a company that clearly give such a poor service....and don't tell me you did your research...

Lets face it guys there are obviously still traces of the Great White Andy in your organisation and it really is all about profit.

I'm sure we would all be glad to hear that the advertising for Prosperity4 will be going the same way as the Great White - you know it makes sense!!

delsnickedmycar
25th April 2004, 23:24
I've worked through Prosperity4 for 8 months and the only issue I had was when thay were going to let me submit my expenses online. They've done that now and everything works like clockwork.

WWW ITDoctors co uk
26th April 2004, 10:58
Nice 1 Dels

29 posts against and 1 for:)

Shurley shom mistake.

baldfreakmunro
27th April 2004, 09:52
I heard a rumour that their was redundancies at Prosperity4 on top of trading at a loss on their last set of accounts.Are the wheels coming of or are the Directors buying more Race horses ? :eek

blondiebeeb
30th April 2004, 12:38
Looking on their website, they hold back 8% of your income as holiday pay, which is surely sat in their account giving them plenty of interest?

I have been with Orange and Gold for 3 months now and haven't had any problems with them. Seem to know what they're talking about.

baldfreakmunro
30th April 2004, 13:28
They actually hold back 10% for holiday pay and their charges are 6% 8% 10% "whatever you can get away with " as I was told when I joined.Another point they were charging Their percentage rate on reimbursed client expenses I informed them of this but they never reimbursed anyone.

So if you know anyone who works for them or has worked for them spread the word get out your old payslips and get on the phone.

If any one has problems with P4 who want some advice from someone in the know you can join my forum so spread the word.

groups.msn.com/Prosperity...uth/invite (http://groups.msn.com/Prosperity4TheTruth/invite)

baldfreakmunro
30th April 2004, 14:01
I have just checked mine from 18 months ago and you are right that was another £504 wile I was working throught them and they took £600 as I had not reached their £1500 minimum fee as per their contract don't touch these with a barge pole >:

rebeccaloos
5th May 2004, 17:26
---------------------------------

I agree fully, don't touch Giant, 360 Group or Contranet(CPM Group).

If any of the employees/management of the above companies would like to counter my statement above then feel free, I have evidence that I am all to willing to distribute to whoever wants it.

I went with OrangeGenie(and they've dropped the ball a couple of time now also!) - why can't people do their job?

Spod - In "Go on, make my day" mode!

-------------------------------------------------

Can I have some proof on Giant's dodginess?

Thank you

rebeccaloos
5th May 2004, 17:28
My request was for SupremeSpod, by the way

:b

whats in a name
5th May 2004, 19:23
RL

Spod has left for bluer oceans. He might still visit, but I dont know if he will pop into accounting.

The concensus seems to be that giant are cr@p. Regretably ezboard doesnt keep old postings.

What is your situation - you get minimum wage and dividends ? Which Giant product are you under ?

What shares do you hold ? Yoiu can only get a dividend from shares. IR take a dim view of a situation where your salary isnt realistic - ie can you live on it ?

Did you speak to any real accountants ? eg Simon or Darren ? (or Joel or anyone else - dont want to have favourites here )

rebeccaloos
6th May 2004, 10:05
Last year, being new to contracting in the UK, I had a look around umbrella companies, and used their calculators to find out which one would get me the best take-home pay from the gross daily rate I get.

Giant came out best (81%), under their Giant Powerhouse concept (which they call "managed limited company". Apparently they offer this for contracts that pass IR35. They use Qdos to check your contract and Qdos will insure it against IR35. Mine passed.

They do pay me the minimum wage (£187.50 a week + holiday pay £14.40), add my non-billable expenses (travelling and subsistence), deduct tax and NI (calculated on the minimum wage above), and also deduct Employers NI. They alsod educt their weekly fee.
Finally, they allocate one share to me every week, which then justifies paying me the rest of my rate in dividends for that particular share. I do get a share certificate.They deduct of course the 19% corporation tax off the dividend component of my pay.

Is this illegal / a scam?

To your question: "Can I live on it?" - well as far as you can live on the minimal wage. I guess some people have to. But I don't think I personally could, given my outgoings (house, car etc.)

Simon SJDaccountancy
3rd June 2005, 09:04
Hi Rebecca,

It's neither illegal or a scam. Just a standard composite Company, but I presume you were made aware that you will have to pay higher rate tax on your dividends that fall in the higher rate bracket?

This will take an additional 25% tax out of your net dividends. Brings the 81% return right down.

Bradley
3rd June 2005, 09:21
They deduct of course the 19% corporation tax off the dividend component of my pay.Why 19%? You only pay 19% in your own company if taxable profits exceed £50,000.

In fact why take a dividend at all if you don't have to?

One other problem that no-one's ever been able to explain away to me is the rate of corporation tax payable.All the composite companies are probably connected. In those circumstances the Revenue just charge corporation tax at the top rate of 30% because 19% rate is only appropriate for sigle small companies not groups of associated companies. I would guess that there be a lot of trouble for all the ex-shareholders at some stage in the future because they've been paying corporation tax at the wrong rate.

eamy.smith
29th March 2006, 06:54
Yes, take legal action, I am. As this is a matter of public record, I see no problem in posting this information:

Claim No. 6CM00964
Chelmsford County Court
Claim amount: £5438.11
Issue date: 9 March 2006

This is the difference between what I received and what they actually received from my agency after stoppages. There is also a breach of contract issue, because, after taking legal advice, P4 are contracted to provide accounting services, this they fail miserably to do.

They are without a doubt the worst company I have ever dealt with.

Antman
29th March 2006, 08:08
Best of luck to you Eamy, you've my support

bobthebuilder
31st March 2006, 12:11
I'm sad to learn that Properity 4 are not that good. I have been with Maxipay in Tunbridge Wells and they were awful - I now have a tax bill to pay and can't get any answers from them why I have got it.

lost_paul
8th April 2006, 16:39
They have just held onto £1000 of my hard earned without providing me with any evidence of why they should..They even altered my contract on my portal without my agreement on the say so of the agancy I was working for. They changed my hourly rate ! I am commencing legal action against Giant next week. They have been completely underhand in their dealings with me!

Denny
8th April 2006, 17:40
They have just held onto £1000 of my hard earned without providing me with any evidence of why they should..They even altered my contract on my portal without my agreement on the say so of the agancy I was working for. They changed my hourly rate ! I am commencing legal action against Giant next week. They have been completely underhand in their dealings with me!

Good luck, Paul

There's reason for a bit of hard headed common sense required here, when dealing with umbrellas.

Technically, we are the umbrella company's client because we contact them and ask them to act on our behalf to manage our fee administration and pay them accordingly.

However, it doesn't really pan out does it. The umbrella has to get their fees from the agency first so, by default, the agency really becomes their client and we are merely the commodity that makes that client - umbrella relationship possible.

My advice therefore is this:

Avoid any umbrella company that seems to be too vocal in working closely with agencies or who seems to have a finger in groups like the PGC that also have agency affiliates. If they are a preferred agency supplier recommended brolly then avoid them like the plague. Given the current litigious 'risk free' climate of agencies these days, the agency wouldn't be recommending them if they didn't think that they had the upper hand in the relationship. Giant representatives have often appeared in articles that also quote from ATSCO too - usually about contractor related matters which neither have the right to do, in my view, considering neither are nominated representatives of contractors.

When I use a brolly I don't have any signed terms and conditions with them - it is purely based on trust. For the record too, I am not PAYE either when I use the one I go to - in fact I'm freelance and intend to stay that way because most of my private clients are invoiced directly also. I don't have a problem with doing this because I would probably be within IR35 anyway and it means that I can avoid paying employers NI and claim legitimate dispensations in much the same way as I would if I were PAYE. Only the agency don't get to hear about that arrangement between myself and the brolly. For a start it's none of their business, and secondly I'm not doing anything illegal. The same brolly say all the right things, sign all the right forms with the agency as they want to hear it (which clearly states that the IR arrangment with me is PAYE as they often insist on) but it's only on my instructions. As far as I'm concerned (and the brolly) the brolly is the limited company that the agency want to deal with as they wish to, but that doesn't mean to say that I have to be caught up in that corporate structure as an employee. They only charge me a £17 admin fee for transferring my cheque - AND gross - and that's it. Then it's over to you Denny for the rest of the IR tax payment stuff which I sort out via self assessment as a sole trader along with all my private client fees.

If in doubt, then just go limited.

cojak
9th April 2006, 07:43
Denny has it all nicely sorted. The man has his head screwed on the right way and he knows what he's doing..

For the rest of you out there, if you can't get your head around what Denny's done - get yerself limited, find a reasonable accounting package for your invoices (optional) and go with an accountant. If you think that joining a brolly saves you from the (minimal) hassle of doing it yourselves you're sadly deluded, mon amis...

ASB
9th April 2006, 11:15
Denny,

I'm confused. Probably just misunderstood what you wrote. you seem to be saying:-

1) You have no written agreement with the Brolly
2) They pay you the agency bill less a 17 quid fee
3) you treat this as self employed income

As you say there is nothing illegal in this [provided the brolly is not an employment business and I assume it isn't].

The thing that bothers me is that the brolly is taking a huge risk. If the IR ever do any investigation into anybody in the chain then they are pretty soon going to end up having a chat with the brolly. Given the lack of a written agreement between you and the brolly the IR are unlikely to simply accept you are self employed. They then launch a formal status enquiry and state you are brollys actual employee. The result of this is that brolly get a huge bill since anything paid to you is deemed to be net pay (on the plus side you probably get to reclaim any tax and NI you have paid).

How on earth do you see yourself winnning the status enquiry (granted it doesn't matter since the consequence fall on brolly) but I don't see why brolly aren't worried.

Denny
9th April 2006, 15:36
Denny,

I'm confused. Probably just misunderstood what you wrote. you seem to be saying:-

1) You have no written agreement with the Brolly
2) They pay you the agency bill less a 17 quid fee
3) you treat this as self employed income

As you say there is nothing illegal in this [provided the brolly is not an employment business and I assume it isn't].

The thing that bothers me is that the brolly is taking a huge risk. If the IR ever do any investigation into anybody in the chain then they are pretty soon going to end up having a chat with the brolly. Given the lack of a written agreement between you and the brolly the IR are unlikely to simply accept you are self employed. They then launch a formal status enquiry and state you are brollys actual employee. The result of this is that brolly get a huge bill since anything paid to you is deemed to be net pay (on the plus side you probably get to reclaim any tax and NI you have paid).

How on earth do you see yourself winnning the status enquiry (granted it doesn't matter since the consequence fall on brolly) but I don't see why brolly aren't worried.

I don't see there being a problem at all. I set up my own sole trading company directly with the IR within three months of starting it, as the rules stipulate. I pay all my own tax via self assessment minus dispensation allowances advised to me by my accountant. If the IR wanted to investigate me they would do so in much the same way as they would any sole trader. There are no details on my tax returns about how I get my work or if I'm operating through an agency - not that it would matter if I did. I am down as a self employed consultant not an interim manager. Some agencies in my field allow freelancers anyway, but not in IT. So why is it very different? By setting up my business in this way I can put all my eggs in one basket when it comes to tax returns - all my privately invoiced clients and the agency work. So what? If I had to separate the two out I would still need to fill in a tax return to get dispensations on all my between contract work and to declare my private client work. This way I save myself the hassle and avoid employers NI to boot even if I do pay more tax than the limiteds who pay themselves meagre salaries and take the rest as dividends.

There would only be a problem if the brolly didn't give over their own limited company name and number and so on. By doing that they are doing everything the agency wants of them.

As private eye pointed out. If the end client decided not to play ball and didn't pay the agency the fee and the agency didn't pay my brolly the fee I would go straight to the agency for the money using a Garnisee order. Then, I suppose they would soon find out that I was never employed by the brolly in the first place. However, even with normal PAYE brollie structures most of their T&Cs contain clauses dissassociating themselves from paying their 'employee' if the agency doesn't pay them. In that case, the contractor would still have to issue a Garnishee order against the agency.

This set up suits me well because I tend to be within IR35 anyway and I always opt in to the agency regulations. If I felt that I was autonomous enough in my actual working conditions to come and go as I pleased, used my own equipment and so on and was clearly outside of IR35 I would set up my own limited company instead.

expat
9th April 2006, 17:44
I don't see there being a problem at all. I set up my own sole trading company directly with the IR within three months of starting it, as the rules stipulate. I pay all my own tax via self assessment minus dispensation allowances advised to me by my accountant. If the IR wanted to investigate me they would do so in much the same way as they would any sole trader.Isn't the relevant point here that if HMRC investigate you they may decide that you are not self-employed?

ASB
10th April 2006, 09:10
I don't see there being a problem at all.

If you're comfortable, then it's fine.

But there are some pretty glaring potential issues, and it may be useful to cover them with your advisers.

You tend to be within IR35 (your words). Within IR35 and self employed are mutually exclusive (for the same work). So assume your work is "ir35 like". There are a limited number of potential outcomes here:-

- In an investigation this turns into a status enquiry and the IR decide you are not self employed after all. You were employed (actually employed) by your clients. Depending upon how long you have been trading in this way this may well be a minimal risk (paradoxically one of the biggest pointers to being self employed is being accepted as such by the IR). In any event this only applies where you are billing the end client direct. [Here the consequences fall on the client anyway, and finding you within the IR35 regs is NOT an option].

In the case of the brolly a status investigation could reach the conclusion above. Equally it could reach the conclusion you are self employed, alternatively because there is an intermediary in this chain it could decide it should have been IR35.

The amount of risk you are at will depend very much upon your trading pattern (which you haven't divulged).

If typically you work "for" one client for a month or less and swap around a lot then you are unlikely to fail a status investigation (in my opinion). [Equally you sould not fail an IR35 one either]. Other trappings of your business may well go in your favour.

However, if your typical pattern is hours charged for a couple of months or more at a time for any given client you are, in my opinion, highly vulnerable.

However, you are confident that you are safe. Presumably you have received advice to that end. I would be interested to know why your advisers believe you are safe from attack.

IR35 Avoider
10th April 2006, 09:12
I don't see there being a problem at all.

This set up suits me well because I tend to be within IR35 anyway and I always opt in to the agency regulations. If I felt that I was autonomous enough in my actual working conditions to come and go as I pleased, used my own equipment and so on and was clearly outside of IR35 I would set up my own limited company instead.

So you are saying that the work you do via the brolly does not pass self-employment tests, but the brolly are happily paying money into your personal account on the basis that it does? And you can't see why there is a problem for the brolly?

I have little new to add - the post you were responding to already says it all. When you said you didn't think there was a problem, had you taken on board that the question was whether it was a problem for the brolly, rather than for you? Your answer didn't really address what that post said, as you were talking about yourself and your returns, rather than the brolly.

Do you understand that if the brolly has received say 60K from an agency and passed virtually all of of it on to you, at some stage the taxman is going to ask them for 40K in tax? (Obviously the figures are just crude approximations - can't be bothered to calculate exactly.)

Do you just not care what happens to the brolly?

Money Money Money
10th October 2007, 11:56
So you are saying that the work you do via the brolly does not pass self-employment tests, but the brolly are happily paying money into your personal account on the basis that it does? And you can't see why there is a problem for the brolly?

I have little new to add - the post you were responding to already says it all. When you said you didn't think there was a problem, had you taken on board that the question was whether it was a problem for the brolly, rather than for you? Your answer didn't really address what that post said, as you were talking about yourself and your returns, rather than the brolly.

Do you understand that if the brolly has received say 60K from an agency and passed virtually all of of it on to you, at some stage the taxman is going to ask them for 40K in tax? (Obviously the figures are just crude approximations - can't be bothered to calculate exactly.)

Do you just not care what happens to the brolly?

Though I'd bring this back up to the board!

:rollin:

eddiegee
10th October 2007, 12:21
i hate to boar but if your Unhappy at P4 knock on Danbros door, please dont ignor this message because its a cure for your headache which is soar because the service at P4 is so poor.

thanks,

www.danbro.co.uk

daviejones
10th October 2007, 12:49
Why, HAVE P4 gone into administration?

eddiegee
10th October 2007, 12:53
what about my poem?

daviejones
10th October 2007, 12:54
what about my poem?

What poem?

eddiegee
10th October 2007, 12:59
The one above you!!! it took me alot of time to think of all the ryhming words. lol :rollin:

TheFaQQer
10th October 2007, 13:26
What poem?

The one above.

Granted, some degree of spelling, punctuation and formatting might have helped identify it as a poem, but it's there if you look hard enough.

daviejones
10th October 2007, 13:39
The one above.

Granted, some degree of spelling, punctuation and formatting might have helped identify it as a poem, but it's there if you look hard enough.

And a fine poem it is...well, better than I could have done ;-)))

eddiegee
10th October 2007, 13:49
The spelling is ment to bee lik tat, it is ma creative input, my own unique style.
:ind

Hevra
10th October 2007, 14:32
The spelling is ment to bee lik tat, it is ma creative input, my own unique style.
:ind

liek omg u r teh 1337!!1!!1 u r0xx0r me b0xx0rz!1!11!oneoneoneshiftone

*cough*

Hevra

eddiegee
10th October 2007, 15:05
liek omg u r teh 1337!!1!!1 u r0xx0r me b0xx0rz!1!11!oneoneoneshiftone

*cough*

Hevra

see, yuo konw waht i mean. yuo cna wirte semohtnig tolltaly worng but yuo sitll konw waht i mean

Hevra
10th October 2007, 15:15
see, yuo konw waht i mean. yuo cna wirte semohtnig tolltaly worng but yuo sitll konw waht i mean

2 years of online gaming will do that to you, sadly.

Hevra

andy-moo
10th October 2007, 15:22
2 years of online gaming will do that to you, sadly.

Hevra

Wish i had the time to do that

Hevra
10th October 2007, 15:23
Wish i had the time to do that

One of the very few benefits of a permie 8-5 job. Still, starting a part time degree with OU now so have knocked the gaming on the head. Plus my account got hacked and couldn't be bothered starting again.

Hevra

facboy
10th October 2007, 19:14
i smell wow.

Hevra
11th October 2007, 07:49
Oh noes, rumbled. It's a fair cop, guv.

Hevra

facboy
12th October 2007, 08:46
heh heh...takes one to know one :). mine is still active (as in i'm paying for it), but it bores me too much. haven't logged in for 6 months now - i really should cancel!

krissy
19th August 2010, 11:47
ADVICE: AVOID Prosperity4 AT ALL COSTS!!!!!! Why?? Read on....
Well, I've just finished a 3 month contract with Prosperity4. They charged me an "admin fee" of £200 because I didn't accumulate £1500 worth of fees for them during the year!!!!! (NO other umbrella company has such a requirement)
On top of that dubious and unheard of charge, they charge 8% of a Contractor's fees!!
They charge the highest rate out of ALL the umbrella companies that I have seen and they give the worst service or no service whatsoever. I have been kept waiting for days and sometimes weeks after I have requested something from them.
Upon speaking to fellow IT Contractors, they all echo my sentiments and suggest going with other Umbrella companies e.g. Trafalgar, Giant, OrangeGenie, DJColom(Accountants only).
Now, you may be thinking: "why did this FOOL go with them in the first place?"
We all make mistakes and this was a costly one for me though.
I would love to hear from anyone that has been with Prosperity4 as I am going to take this matter further, maybe even take legal action over a whole host of other dodgy things they have done.

hello
I have had trouble with them too and I am now taking the matter further for legal action. I wonder if you could get in touch to discuss the matter. Hope to hear from you soon. <mod>contact details removed. you wouldn't want the spam. please use PMs instead. will ask admin to upgrade your account so you can send/receive PMs</mod>.
cheers.
krissy