• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

XMAS party allowance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XMAS party allowance

Is it still £150 per head this year?

Yes, still at £150 per head per annum.

Remember that the costs should not exceed £150 or the whole cost does not qualify. Some people think they can spend say, £160 and only the extra £10 would be taxable.

Keep it below £150!

Alan

Comment

How does this work? Is it only for 'employees' or can the director take the company sec out and spend £300 (receipted of course)?

Comment

You can invite a guest, so this covers partners.

So for most contractors you can in effect claim £300 in total.

I hope this clears this up.

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Nixon Williams
          You can invite a guest, so this covers partners.

So for most contractors you can in effect claim £300 in total.

I hope this clears this up.
          So if my company has two directors we can go out and spend up to £300 on a meal? Are drinks included in that or are alcoholic drinks out of the question?

Comment

Originally posted by shaftedcontractor
            So if my company has two directors we can go out and spend up to £300 on a meal? Are drinks included in that or are alcoholic drinks out of the question?
            I guess it means you can have a meal, drinks and a naughty night out in a hotel...Do I have to take the missus or can I get a call girl in on it (assumming I get a VAT receipt)?
            Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

You can spend the money on what you like.

It doesn't have to be at christmas.

It doesn't have to be a single event.

Meals, p1ss-ups, trip to the theatre, day out at Alton Towers, any combination, are all allowed.

Only rule: must be less than 150 quid as already advised.

tim

Comment

Yes, even if there is only one director, they can take a partner and claim £150 per head. This covers all costs, meals, drinks etc.

The above assumes that there are no other employees in the company, if so all staff must be invited and allowed to bring partners is applicable.

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Nixon Williams
                  Yes, even if there is only one director, they can take a partner and claim £150 per head. This covers all costs, meals, drinks etc.

The above assumes that there are no other employees in the company, if so all staff must be invited and allowed to bring partners is applicable.

Alan
                  So two directors could each take a guest and claim up to £600? Or am I getting the wrong end of a stick?

Comment

And if the answer is yes, surely that means that the Director and the company secretary can each take a guest and claim a total of £600 yes ?

Comment

Working...
                    X