• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

YunoJuno

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YunoJuno

Anybody used these guys? A new client of mine wants to engage using their platform, which claims to be "IR35 Friendly" but I can't find much detail on how they substantiate that claim.

https://www.yunojuno.com

Originally posted by meanttobeworking View Post
    Anybody used these guys? A new client of mine wants to engage using their platform, which claims to be "IR35 Friendly" but I can't find much detail on how they substantiate that claim.

https://www.yunojuno.com
    Because you're touting for work directly to the potential client?

Although it still depends on the Ts&Cs in their contract, assuming you have to use one of theirs.

Also, no mention of fees...?
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
      Because you're touting for work directly to the potential client?

Although it still depends on the Ts&Cs in their contract, assuming you have to use one of theirs.

Also, no mention of fees...?
      I'm not really sure I understand your first comment. I was introduced via a contact to a new client who run all their direct engagements through this platform.

They're free for freelancers, they charge a fee to the engager. I'm waiting for the contract to come through, just wondering about other's experiences.

Comment

I'm not really sure I understand your first comment. I was introduced via a contact to a new client who run all their direct engagements through this platform.
        Contracting 101: what is the key defence in any IR35 case? That you are a genuine business. Advertising for clients - which is what this is - as opposed to applying for roles you've seen advertised is one way of demonstrating that. Of course, that could all be undone with a bad contract so the usual due diligence is still required.

They're free for freelancers, they charge a fee to the engager. I'm waiting for the contract to come through, just wondering about other's experiences.
        Fair enough. There are a few of these kinds of organisations cropping up lately, it remains to be seen how popular they become. Certainly the current dysfunctional agency business model needs a good kick up the fundament.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Ah gotchya - yeah I agree, it looks good for picking up clients too. I'm presuming they have a standard contract and that they believe this to be IR35 friendly - was just wondering if anyone had sight of it before I get my copy through to see how on the ball they are.

Comment

Never heard of them.

Not suspicious of a low post count poster asking if anyone's heard of a new contractor tool at all.

Comment

I have an ongoing contract via YunoJuno (and it's a nice client to have on the C.V.)

Service from YunoJuno is good, website's adequate - only gripe I have is payments have lengthier cycles than stated.

Only had one client via them, so your mileage may vary.

Comment

Interesting - did you get an IR35 review on the contract? And if so, how did did it fare?

Comment

Interesting - did you get an IR35 review on the contract? And if so, how did did it fare?
                  It's the only contract I haven't (after doing due diligence myself, sinful I know).

The working practices for ad hoc consultancy are the furthest outside of IR35 I've done - way better than my day client (which is outside IR35).

Comment

Working...
                  X