• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CostCo

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CostCo

Is anyone here a CostCo member? Just wondering if it's worth spilling the £23.50 for membership. Is the stuff there actually decent price?

Umbrella scum need not answer - you need a genuine legitimate business to be a member.
    I was TheMonkey

Originally posted by The Clown Beater
    you need a genuine legitimate business to be a member.
    Pretty much rules out most of people on this site who are employees in disguise, eh?

Comment

"you need a genuine legitimate business to be a member."

I have a costco card and I also bought won for all my staff, which I renewed this year.

Is it worth it??? Absolutely. Food is exceptionally cheap, clothes, books, stationary & beer. Wine though is the same as the supermarket. I regularly used to buy certain items from Costco and sell them in the shop & on Ebay.

Reading one is very good. But as no-one on this site is a real business. Unlucky!!!
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I am a legitimate business (well I am until Wednesday).

Will sign up then!
        I was TheMonkey

Comment

CostCo went up to the AA building Basingstoke last summer & offered all employees individual membership. Suppose they came under the "selected employment groups" mentioned on the website.
          So you don't have to be a proper business. There are many ways round this. I know lots of people who really love the Reading CostCo - never been there mysef though.

Comment

Definetly worth it, and from what I have seen they are all identical in layout and stock. We used to live 5 mins away from the Reading one before we moved, the closest is not the one in Milton Keynes. Imagine our surprise when we walked into the Milton keynes one and it was exactly the same layout as the Reading one....

Almost forgot where we were for a moment

I would have to agree that it is cheap on quite a lot, but average priced on other things. The do excellent Grapefruit and Oranges that are wonderful for juicing. Well worth the membership fee.

Comment

"CostCo went up to the AA building Basingstoke last summer & offered all employees individual membership."

Just where my missus works.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by The Clown Beater
                Is anyone here a CostCo member? Just wondering if it's worth spilling the £23.50 for membership. Is the stuff there actually decent price?

Umbrella scum need not answer - you need a genuine legitimate business to be a member.
                I thought they would be a good cash and carry but they turned out to be a shopping club. Not trade only, in fact they advertise themselves as being child friendly and even publicise the bus times; hardly a commercial wholesaler. What winds me up about them is all their American style self gratification and false reviews they spread around the Internet sites.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

MyCo is a member. My missus got some cheap new tyres fitted there last year, which paid for the membership fee on its own.

Comment

Do not join Costco under any circumstances. If you do you will end up with a garage full of 20 litre drums of shampoo, 500 packs of Mach 3 razors and half a ton of peanuts. You'll have a 20 foot trampoline in the garden along with a bouncy castle and 50" plasma tvs in each bedroom. It's way too tempting!

I have a box of bin liners that's nearly three years old.
                    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Working...
                    X