• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Suspended eBay Account

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suspended eBay Account

I just tried to log into my eBay account only to be informed it was suspended due to me trying to sell lots of fake goods. About 200 bags at £200 a throw.

Main problem is I haven't! I've checked my PC for virus/spyware/trackers etc and all clean. Not sure whether somebody is selling under my user id (not sure of the point of this) or eBay have screwed up and incorrectly suspended me.

I've emailed them and await their reply but wondered if anyone else had experienced something like this.
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it" - George Bernard Shaw

If someone has hijacked your email, ebay & paypal account. Then you're shagged.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Cheers MF

I've already been and changed my paypal details but my machine appears to be clean and don't use account from anywhere else.
      "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it" - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I recently worked somewhere which the login to their system was an eight character password and you're email address.

At least 25% of people use the same password time and time again. So if you have a hotmail/aol account and ebay and paypal, make sure you don't use the same passwords as you have inadvertently allowed someone full access.

Trust me you'd me surprised. The clients db allowed for some serious hacking opportunities.

Comment

Appreciate the comment. I've always been, quite correctly I believe, quite anal about using different passwords for just about everything. Hopefully, if someone has got hold of my password it will be worth me having this paranoia.

Mind you I have just gone round changing all passwords (on another computer in case usual PC being tracked).

Not sure of the benefit of someone listing goods under my name though! Any ideas?

Comment

Depends on the payment method asked for. If it was send cheque payable to Mr X or more likely they could have changed the paypal account on your ebay account. Therefore you sell it, they take the money, you get closed down.

Comment

Cheers MF.

I'll await the reply from eBay - I hope I haven't lost my account, I've built up some nice feedback over the years.

Comment

Don't trust ebay to do anything about it. They are useless in the support department.

Just change the password on the account to something secure, send emails to people who bought stuff telling them to contact ebay or the police and contact the police to report a crime (if it's on paper you're covered).

If you have anything linked to your paypal account, cancel ALL cards, contact their issuer and ask for NEW card numbers or you'll get persistent trouble.

I got f*cked BADLY by ebay for about £400 a while back and I STILL haven't recovered it. They are useless!!!
                I was TheMonkey

Comment

Thanks for that advice. Problem is eBay have suspended the account so I can't get in to change the password.

Have already taken steps with other account information.

Don't like the sound of the poor support from eBay - as I mentioned earlier I had a nice feedback built up.

Comment

I tried to sell myself on Ebay before.... twice... first time i got on 2 radio stations but the auction was only a few days long.... Second time I got up to about 80 dollars before ebay took it off saying it was unsavoury.

The idea was to get a free holiday, if they paid all expenses
                    To be or not to be... or get someone else to be, and take the slack for it.

Comment

Working...
                    X