PDA

View Full Version : Slippery Tony

stackpole
22nd November 2006, 16:50
Last week, Prime Minister Tony Blair was asked whether the violence in Iraq had "so far been pretty much of a disaster".

He replied: "It has."

But Downing Street later said the prime minister's words had been misinterpreted. Misinterpreting "It has" would take some doing! :rollin: :rollin:

What a bunch of *****!

SallyAnne
22nd November 2006, 16:53
Misinterpreting "It has" would take some doing! :rollin: :rollin:

What a bunch of *****!

Yeah, he as saying that the voilence in Iraq was a disaster (as all violence is). He wasn't saying that our presence in Iraq is or had been a disaster.

tonyblair
22nd November 2006, 17:41
Yeah, he as saying that the voilence in Iraq was a disaster (as all violence is). He wasn't saying that our presence in Iraq is or had been a disaster.Absolutely SallyAnne. The violence in Iraq has got absolutely nothing to do with our presence in Iraq.

EternalOptimist
22nd November 2006, 17:43
history will judge this sh!te of a prime minister which is a real shame because I would like the old bailey to do it instead

:rolleyes:

DimPrawn
22nd November 2006, 17:56
That man has an industrial grade, weapons proof, smear resistent, Teflon coating.

:tantrum:

SallyAnne
22nd November 2006, 17:56
Absolutely SallyAnne. The violence in Iraq has got absolutely nothing to do with our presence in Iraq.

:rollin: :rollin:

ImNotFromIndia
22nd November 2006, 18:09
I must be the only one feeling sorry for Tony regarding the war in Irak. It wasn't his doing, he was only following the yanks.

TheOmegaMan
22nd November 2006, 20:13
No violence is good. It keeps you fit, weeds out the weaker of the species, and gives you a lot of pleasure.

I like a bit of the old ultra-violence myself at the weekends easpecially after a pint at the Korova Milk Bar. But tonight SallyAnne, I fell like a bit of singing in the rain.

SallyAnne
22nd November 2006, 20:57
No violence is good. It keeps you fit, weeds out the weaker of the species, and gives you a lot of pleasure.

I like a bit of the old ultra-violence myself at the weekends easpecially after a pint at the Korova Milk Bar. But tonight SallyAnne, I fell like a bit of singing in the rain.

Have you had a few too many sherries tonight Tom? :)

SallyAnne
22nd November 2006, 20:58
I must be the only one feeling sorry for Tony regarding the war in Irak. It wasn't his doing, he was only following the yanks.

You're not mate - I'm right there with you. But we are definately the only 2!

(You are however, the only person left in the world who cannot spell Iraq!) :)

ImNotFromIndia
23rd November 2006, 00:42
You're not mate - I'm right there with you. But we are definately the only 2!

I preferred the US of A Irak ... As it shows my ignorance about the whole region. :D

wendigo100
23rd November 2006, 08:10
I like a bit of the old ultra-violence myself at the weekends easpecially after a pint at the Korova Milk Bar. But tonight SallyAnne, I fell like a bit of singing in the rain.I wonder what film you've just been watching! ;)

wendigo100
23rd November 2006, 08:19
I must be the only one feeling sorry for Tony regarding the war in Irak. It wasn't his doing, he was only following the yanks.So following the yanks wasn't his fault then, eh?

Who created the dodgy dossier? Not only did it squeak the vote for war through our parliament, but the so-called "evidence" within it was also used by the Americans to justify invasion!

If Blair hadn't concocted that dossier we would not have been involved, and if he had told Bush the UK would not take part in the invasion, the Americans would have had no allies and it would probably never have happened.

wonderwaif
23rd November 2006, 08:45
So following the yanks wasn't his fault then, eh?

Who created the dodgy dossier? Not only did it squeak the vote for war through our parliament, but the so-called "evidence" within it was also used by the Americans to justify invasion!

If Blair hadn't concocted that dossier we would not have been involved, and if he had told Bush the UK would not take part in the invasion, the Americans would have had no allies and it would probably never have happened.

But those are only minor, very unimportant details.
What really matters is that Tony has a nice smile, says the right words, and manages to sound sincere. ;)

Sysman
23rd November 2006, 09:13
Except for France, Holland, Germany...

AlfredJPruffock
23rd November 2006, 11:20
But those are only minor, very unimportant details.
What really matters is that Tony has a nice smile, says the right words, and manages to sound sincere. ;)

16. Yu / Enthusiasm

above ChĂȘn The Arousing, Thunder

below K'un The Receptive, Earth

The Judgement

Enthusiasm. It furthers one to install helpers
And to set armies marching.

Change at the beginning means:
Enthusiasm that expresses itself
Brings misfortune.

Change in the third place means:
Enthusiasm that looks upward creates remorse.
Hesitation brings remorse.

Change in the fifth place means:
Persistently ill, and still does not die.

Change at the top means:
Deluded enthusiasm.
But if after completion one changes,
There is no blame.

wendigo100
23rd November 2006, 13:07
Alf, I'm working and I haven't got time for all the mumbo jumbo. If you've got something to say, can't you just say it? :)

BoredBloke
23rd November 2006, 13:47
"I must be the only one feeling sorry for Tony regarding the war in Irak. It wasn't his doing, he was only following the yanks."

Ohh and that makes it ok does it? So our troops get sent into a war based on a tissue of lies and spin, badly kitted out, but that is OK because they died for that nice Mr Blair. Blair is a w@nnker through and through and his lasting legacy to this nation should be the complete and utter **** up he and GW have made of Iraq. Personally I'd send Blair out there and see how he likes facing down heavily armed people protected only by his charms. The slimy grinning fecker!

bogeyman
23rd November 2006, 14:05
Personally I'd send Blair out there and see how he likes facing down heavily armed people protected only by his charms. The slimy grinning fecker!

Hear hear! :yay:

ImNotFromIndia
23rd November 2006, 15:03
"I must be the only one feeling sorry for Tony regarding the war in Irak. It wasn't his doing, he was only following the yanks."

Ohh and that makes it ok does it? So our troops get sent into a war based on a tissue of lies and spin, badly kitted out, but that is OK because they died for that nice Mr Blair. Blair is a w@nnker through and through and his lasting legacy to this nation should be the complete and utter **** up he and GW have made of Iraq. Personally I'd send Blair out there and see how he likes facing down heavily armed people protected only by his charms. The slimy grinning fecker!

Come on guys ... You know we benefitted from this war. You have to look at the long term.

Who cares if a few thousand Arabs died ... There are more of them in Bradford.

I think you guys did not look at the national interest. Ok, maybe the yanks get more than us ... but the nevertheless, we are getting a bit of the pies.

I'm not complaining ... As long as there's profit to be made. Small price to pay for it. I'm like Tony, will never let my kids join the army. I will let all the others die for me. After all, that's what taxes are for.